Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a game.. what drama, what finish!!

Croatia held their nerves in the end..

Comment

• Can't believe Russia or Croatia will be in the semi final.. with either Sweden England/Columbia/Swiss

Actually one of those will make the final even.. crazy

This side of the draw is pretty weak/suprising

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
        Had a vision last night, looked out into the night and into the twinkling stars and saw a message. Can't go into too much detail but what I can say is that there will be a MAJOR UPSET today. Take that how you see fit.

Bear in mind my 100% prediction ratio in the footy thread and the FACT that I've never called a single thing wrong IN MY LIFE.

Dont say I didn't throw you guys a bone beforehand after you see the results.
        No need to thank me yer ungrateful cvnts.

Comment

• Spain were **** this whole tournament hardly call it a major upset they were lucky to not lose to Iran

Costa just doesn't fit with Spain I feel Morata would've done better should've at least been on the bench
          Last edited by Phenom; 07-01-2018, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            Spain were **** this whole tournament hardly call it a major upset they were lucky to not lose to ****ing Iran
            Things went downhill when they fired their coach 2 days before the tournament started. But even with him, this team just had too many flaws.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogecca MaMa View Post
              France vs Belgium/Brazil
              Not possible, but it can be a semi-final

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                His real first name is Jacob. Doesn't work does it?

I think he needs to change his name for sure. Harry isn't bad though, Harry Bagshaw does have a ring to it. I suppose Jacob could work, in a kind of northern farm kind of name, depends on the surname with it. Jacob Parsons. Doesn't sound old school enough though.
                Norman Bagshaw should be his name.

Comment

• Sort of relieved to see somewhat of the death of Tiki taka with Spain failing to breakdown a pretty ordinary Russia. It’s just very boring

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    Sort of relieved to see somewhat of the death of Tiki taka with Spain failing to breakdown a pretty ordinary Russia. It’s just very boring
                    Tiki taka at it's apex was skillful and fun to watch. I hope it doesn't go away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      Sort of relieved to see somewhat of the death of Tiki taka with Spain failing to breakdown a pretty ordinary Russia. It’s just very boring
                      Yes and no.

Tiki Taka was BEAUTIFUL when teams actually turned up the aggression i.e. like Barca under Pep or even Spain when they were on their brilliant run to a lesser degree.

The movement off the ball is something I've noticed a lot of teams this World Cup are lacking.

The way it was utilised by this Spain team was pretty boring to be honest. I think it can still work but it's so reliant on having players who are brilliant off the ball and obviously on.

When you have teams who don't know how to press or just sit back, it's boring to watch but teams who press actually make them pick up the tempo of the Tiki Taka and that's when it's so good to watch imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X