No announcement yet.

The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
    Tomorrow is probably the biggest game England have played since the Brazil quarter final in '02.

If we win it and we look good in the process then the final becomes a genuine possibility.

I do feel like anyone we could face has a good chance of beating us still. But it's infinitely more doable than any of us would ever have thought a few weeks/months ago.

Nervy.
    Indeed.

I think everyone on our side of the draw must fancy their chances, which itself makes things that bit more difficult. This is definitely a case of taking it a game at a time. There's a few very underrated solid teams in our side of the draw that shouldn't be overlooked. Switzerland are no mugs, they're dark horses i think. We also have a pretty **** record v Sweden for some reason.

As you say, very doable but that's the case for the other sides. Colombia tomorrow will be up for it knowing they might never get a better chance either.

Comment

• Dunn'S Spain pick down the crapper.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
        Tomorrow is probably the biggest game England have played since the Brazil quarter final in '02.

If we win it and we look good in the process then the final becomes a genuine possibility.

I do feel like anyone we could face has a good chance of beating us still. But it's infinitely more doable than any of us would ever have thought a few weeks/months ago.

Nervy.
        Have to agree with this.. back in 02 that was also an easy route to the final (outside of Brazil) but we failed due to GK mess up..

I don't think we should be scared of any of the sides left (before the final) but likewise they probably feel the same about us..

England still need to show a lot more after the Iceland debacle though

Comment

• Hoping and rooting for Mexico to knock out Brazil. Can't stand that cry baby phag, Neymar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
            Hoping and rooting for Mexico to knock out Brazil. Can't stand that cry baby phag, Neymar.
            Yeah, i think Brazil will do them though.

Mexico looked garbage in their last game and i think their wins flattered them. Germany were well below par and Korea aren't that good. First time they played a solid side that had it together in Sweden, they got turned over.

Then again, who knows, it's an odd world cup. I just think if Brazil are on it, they will have too much for Mexico. I don't think this Brazil team is that great though, Mexico shouldn't fear them. Plus as we've seen, if you can hold out for a draw, you have a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
              Yeah, i think Brazil will do them though.

Mexico looked garbage in their last game and i think their wins flattered them. Germany were well below par and Korea aren't that good. First time they played a solid side that had it together in Sweden, they got turned over.

Then again, who knows, it's an odd world cup. I just think if Brazil are on it, they will have too much for Mexico. I don't think this Brazil team is that great though, Mexico shouldn't fear them. Plus as we've seen, if you can hold out for a draw, you have a chance.
              Brazil haven't been great since 2002 when they had guys like Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho or Roberto Carlos on the team.

Since then they've been getting overrated and overhyped.
              'because they're Brazil after all'. Other teams really have nothing to be afraid of.

A team like Croatia would humiliate them due to the style match up. Belgium or France would comfortably beat them as well. Hell even teams like Denmark or Sweden would give them run for their money.

I'd be shocked if they qualified into semifinals.
              Last edited by Szef; 07-02-2018, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• Brazil are gonna smash their Tacos here.

I’ve said this before with wonderful results

Comment

• Brazil 2-0 Mexico
                  Belgium 3-1 Japan

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    Brazil haven't been great since 2002 when they had guys like Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho or Roberto Carlos on the team.

Since then they've been getting overrated and overhyped.
                    'because they're Brazil after all'. Other teams really have nothing to be afraid of.

A team like Croatia would humiliate them due to the style match up. Belgium or France would comfortably beat them as well. Hell even teams like Denmark or Sweden would give them run for their money.

I'd be shocked if they qualified into semifinals.
                    I agree. I still think they can beat Mexico but i think Belgium will beat them if they meet in the next round.

Comment

• As sure as the sun rises, you can count on Mexico to go out in the round of 16

Comment

Working...
                      X