No announcement yet.

Detroit firefighter fired for bringing watermelon to station

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
    Who brings a watermelon on the first day.. and it's a big ass watermelon too.. either it was on sale or the guy was clearly is not bright..

I think it's a good thing they fired him, I can't think of a crisis situation while on duty where he comes up with an idea worth considering..
    I'm sayin tho, that's the funniest part

Could you imagine if you threw a dinner party and a guest brought that thing in with him. Probably have to hold it vertically and in a squat to even get it through my door

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      I'm sayin tho, that's the funniest part

Could you imagine if you threw a dinner party and a guest brought that thing in with him. Probably have to hold it vertically and in a squat to even get it through my door
      sure is funny though..
      I don't know what point he was trying to make but his dumbass couldn't have lasted long in that job..
      But if ever wants to try his hand in comedy he might have made a good start..

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        I'm proud of my city. Zero tolerance for racism
        Getting fired is kind of harsh though. It was his first day and it's not like he was a long time employee with a history of being racially insensitive.

I mean he should have been more aware, the fire department is 90% black.

Take the guy to the office and write him up regardless if he did it on purpose as a bad joke or if he really is that ignorant. But he shouldn't lose a job over something this silly. He probably watches a lot of black comedies and thought he would get a pass.

Comment

wow.....no one can buy, eat or offer watermelon due to super sensitive types. the fruit should be banned and illegal to grow. worse than marijuana.

Comment

I hope he sues the sh it out them for wrongful termination. It's really funny watching the same posters who think a white guy should be fired for insulting a few black folks, think a "black" (mixed) guy shouldn't be fired for offending millions of Americans on national television

Comment

If it was in the middle of summer he probably wouldn't have been fired but it's October ffs. He should have brought in a racist pumpkin.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  What is the origin of that stereotype.

We don't have same ones here. Who doesn't like watermelon?

I remember driving past a potato field and I had an Irish Uncle in the front and an English friend of my Dads in the back. As calm as you like the lad in the back taps my Irish uncle on the back, points out the potato field and says: 'I suppose you'll be in there later!'

Honestly, tears of laughter I had. That was fun racism.

Old stereotype. I personally find watermelon delicious. Especially with tajin.

Last edited by Santa_; 10-08-2017, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                    I hope he sues the sh it out them for wrongful termination. It's really funny watching the same posters who think a white guy should be fired for insulting a few black folks, think a "black" (mixed) guy shouldn't be fired for offending millions of Americans on national television
                    Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                    Getting fired is kind of harsh though. It was his first day and it's not like he was a long time employee with a history of being racially insensitive.

I mean he should have been more aware, the fire department is 90% black.

Take the guy to the office and write him up regardless if he did it on purpose as a bad joke or if he really is that ignorant. But he shouldn't lose a job over something this silly. He probably watches a lot of black comedies and thought he would get a pass.
                    He wants to work in a black city he should be sensitive to black culture. He knew better, he was trying to be funny. If he didn't know better he's 41 and should've knew better. Welp. Better find a job in Macomb county or downriver where his kind is tolerated and encouraged.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      He wants to work in a black city he should be sensitive to black culture. He knew better, he was trying to be funny. If he didn't know better he's 41 and should've knew better. Welp. Better find a job in Macomb county or downriver where his kind is tolerated and encouraged.
                      Sounds like.... Kaepernick wants to work in a white country he should be sensitive to white culture. He knew better... Better find a job in the CFL or wherever his kind is tolerated.

You agree, right?

Comment

Working...
                      X