Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gonna Inherit $400K. Where Should I Move?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaded View Post
    I lived on Atwater and de Maisonneuve for 5 years and Drummond above Sherbrooke for another 5 so I know exactly what it's like (grew up in St. Laurent). He wants to get away from Toronto winters...Montreal will not make him happy. I now lived across the street from the ocean and mountains...a typical winter day is 8-10 C. To each his own...but you couldn't pay me to live in Montreal. If you French Canadian (I'm not) then leaving Quebec is a whole different issue.
    All good bro. I am anglophone also. I had a good friend that lived at Sherbrooke and Drummond. I used to walk past Atwater and de Maisonneuve everyday to attend an AA meeting that was at Atwater and Rene Levesque (St Stephen church). Anyways, sounds like you have it good now so be well and enjoy! Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by PF Rudyo View Post

Damn bro.....
      Stop by any time

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
        Legit.

I live in Toronto at the time. Grandma passed and gave me the bulk of her real estate. my share's gonna be just over 500K CAD = 400K USD. that's life changing money. i'm gonna leave my job and tell my boss to go **** goats. ded srs.

The real estate prices are just out of whack in Toronto right now. Canada is too cold and bullchit in Toronto and Vancouver. Pure Chinese and Arab rich kids running wild with their lambos and ferrari's. just LMAO @ that dick measuring contest. I'm getting out.

I just want to use the money to buy a house somewhere nice in an underrated metro city that's relatively safe and can raise a family. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking Denver, Colorado or Portland Maine
        Dude if you want to buy a nice house and have a 100k or 2 left then you need to go live in mississppi or Tennessee or somewhere in the south.

In Denver or Portland, Maine. You better plan on buying just a modest size house and plan on getting a job as you won't have much money left.

Comment

Legit.

I live in Toronto at the time. Grandma passed and gave me the bulk of her real estate. my share's gonna be just over 500K CAD = 400K USD. that's life changing money. i'm gonna leave my job and tell my boss to go **** goats. ded srs.

The real estate prices are just out of whack in Toronto right now. Canada is too cold and bullchit in Toronto and Vancouver. Pure Chinese and Arab rich kids running wild with their lambos and ferrari's. just LMAO @ that dick measuring contest. I'm getting out.

I just want to use the money to buy a house somewhere nice in an underrated metro city that's relatively safe and can raise a family. Any suggestions?

Well over here in los angeles....

$400k can get you a very nice 2 bedroom small condo in moderate condition in a bad neighborhood.

Comment

400k is significant money but far from a life changer nowadays.

Invest it wisely.. real estate is safe and you should keep a job.

Comment

I think you should experiment. You are young enough that the career and job prospects will still be there if you take some time off.

Make a short list of the cities you like and move short-term to like 3 of them for a 1 month period each. Don't act like a tourist and don't party too much, just live your life like you would live it if you were working.

Go out experience everything and by being in each place for a little bit of time you will get a sense of how much things cost and what the general vibe is.

I think it's weird people move somewhere based on a good vacation experience or what people online or friends say when that's really not how real life is going to go down.

You will gain some different life experience and you won't be out a ton of money by making a big rash mistake.

Comment

Legit.

I would buy a house or condo in so cal. Property prices are going up here. My cousin sold a property and got back 100k in profit. Also seattle house prices are going up and the weather is not hot not too cold. And no state income tax. Dallas huston metro area is good too.

Then save the rest of the money to start a business. Just what I would do.
                Last edited by satiev1; 04-09-2017, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                  I would buy a house or condo in so cal. Property prices are going up here. My cousin sold a property and got back 100k in profit. Also seattle house prices are going up and the weather is not hot not too cold. And no state income tax. Dallas huston metro area is good too.

Then save the rest of the money to start a business. Just what I would do.
                  Where in socal?

What can he get for $400k in l.a.?

Comment

Buying a house is not an investment; unless you sell on for more or rent it out. Make your money work for you, so you don't have to work for money. That type of money can turn you into a millionaire if used properly.

Comment

lol dont quit your job bro, its alot of money but depending on how old you are it wont last your lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                      X