Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gonna Inherit $400K. Where Should I Move?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
    lol i got $300k cash (savings and mutual funds) and still works like a horse. $400k ain't **** to relocate and never work ever.

Here is how.

400K to buy a house. So no mortgage/rent anymore. Done.

I got around 75K in savings. I can live on that. spend about 20K on 2 used reliable toyotas. All property tax+ultility bills are going to amount to around 1K/month. fair? then food is going to be $600/month.

I can literally go bag groceries 4 times a week and live comfortably.

I no longer have to stress about it. naw mean?

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
      Here is how.

400K to buy a house. So no mortgage/rent anymore. Done.

I got around 75K in savings. I can live on that. spend about 20K on 2 used reliable toyotas. All property tax+ultility bills are going to amount to around 1K/month. fair? then food is going to be $600/month.

I can literally go bag groceries 4 times a week and live comfortably.

I no longer have to stress about it. naw mean?
      Lol $400k house and your property tax including all your bills is just $1k/month lol

Property tax For $400k house is around $1000/month or $12000/year

Comment

Lol $400k house and your property tax including all your bills is just $1k/month lol

Property tax For $400k house is around $1000/month or $12000/year

in denver, 400K doesn't get you that big of a house.

ya i can bag groceries for 20K/yr. the point is i no longer have to stress about money. i'm way more qualified than that. it's just that i can do what i want. i can do some free lance sales like real estate instead of being a cubicle slave

Comment

What about Florida?

Also RIP Grandma Headshots

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            What about Florida?

Also RIP Grandma Headshots

too hot year around.

hot temperature make people stupid man. look at all the hot climate countries. everyone 3rd world slum.

Comment

in denver, 400K doesn't get you that big of a house.

ya i can bag groceries for 20K/yr. the point is i no longer have to stress about money. i'm way more qualified than that. it's just that i can do what i want. i can do some free lance sales like real estate instead of being a cubicle slave
              You should buy $100 to 200k house only if you don't plan on working a decent job

Comment

thanks a lot bruv.

thought about Florida and CA but I like the seasons. white xmas and snowman etc.

Denver is a little bit warmer than Toronto, so that's perfect for me.

I just can't have Alaska or Calgary type of cold.
                Vancouver is pretty mild in winter...most years it doesn't snow and if it does it's just an inch and gone in 1/2 a day (although this year was the worst in 30 years but most of the west coast south to north had that). On a year round basis it has a pretty ideal climate and it's always voted one of the top cities in the world to live (no 2 this year). It's even more expensive than Toronto but you can still find a condo for 400K somewhere...and real estate seems to appreciate fastest here because people just keep coming and no matter how much they build there is a bigger demand than supply. Typically a house sells in days here once put on the market. If your Canadian this is your best bet. But don't think if you are moving ANYWHERE you are going to be at home when you get there...you will not. You are looking at a decade before you will feel rooted so if you can't deal with that you need to understand this is why many people return home from wherever they go.

Comment

400K ain't retirement money...

BTW, why are you buying two toyota's?

Comment

He got $400k and wants to buy a house and 2 cars and just work minimum job for 30 years. That only works in third world country where you can buy a house for $50k and maybe can live within your means for $350k in 30 years

Comment

You should buy $100 to 200k house only if you don't plan on working a decent job

i already broke it down for u.

no point in going back and forth.

Comment

Working...
                      X