Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gonna Inherit $400K. Where Should I Move?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP to uGogo, may she forever rest in Paradise.

With regards to the paper, I would recommend South Africa. You've got R5 mil. With 5 mil, you could do quite a bit. Start a business, invest, give me some of the paper, etc.

But $400k isn't really enough for you to cuss out your boss; it's enough to start over somewhere, for sure. I'm not familiar with how the cost of living is in various US cities/States, so I'm pretty useless. Just use the cash intelligently, and you'll be straight. If you're gonna buy a house, I'd say look around for a ****ty/sub par house in a good neighbourhood. Or a suicide/murder house in a good area. That b*tch'll be cheap, and you'll be able to fix it up yourself, as you stated you wished to do.

Also, start a business, or invest some of that cash. Make it work for you. Try to exponentially grow the cash. Don't trust anybody with knowledge of the money. Quietly do your thing. Don't trust any friends made after getting the cash. Avoid doing plumbing without any gloves. Laying pipe raw and getting a baby mama isn't advisable.

Above all, think every decision you take through, and scrutinize every opportunity.

If you're smart with that money, you'll be on the road to financial freedom.

Dunno if I helped, but good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by DionysusX View Post
      RIP to uGogo, may she forever rest in Paradise.

With regards to the paper, I would recommend South Africa. You've got R5 mil. With 5 mil, you could do quite a bit. Start a business, invest, give me some of the paper, etc.

But $400k isn't really enough for you to cuss out your boss; it's enough to start over somewhere, for sure. I'm not familiar with how the cost of living is in various US cities/States, so I'm pretty useless. Just use the cash intelligently, and you'll be straight. If you're gonna buy a house, I'd say look around for a ****ty/sub par house in a good neighbourhood. Or a suicide/murder house in a good area. That b*tch'll be cheap, and you'll be able to fix it up yourself, as you stated you wished to do.

Also, start a business, or invest some of that cash. Make it work for you. Try to exponentially grow the cash. Don't trust anybody with knowledge of the money. Quietly do your thing. Don't trust any friends made after getting the cash. Avoid doing plumbing without any gloves. Laying pipe raw and getting a baby mama isn't advisable.

Above all, think every decision you take through, and scrutinize every opportunity.

If you're smart with that money, you'll be on the road to financial freedom.

Dunno if I helped, but good luck.

ROFLMAO

no thanks jeff.

white genocide of piss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0cY9AESqSc

Comment

Comment

You can still buy a condo in Toronto for 400k...rent it out if you don't want to live in it and have some income and a good long term investment. Your retirement down the road will already be in place...just carry on with your life.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
            that's sweet brah. srs.

i'd want a well built house doe. i'd build a tree house or finish the basement. no way i'm building my own house and have the roof cave in on me on a windy night.

no thnx brah
            Practice with Lincoln logs for a few days and you'll be fine

Comment

^ This...South Africa is not a place for a white foreigner to try to set up shop. It's a mistake to think that everything is the same as in North America...not even close. The chances of leaving that country with nothing is something to consider.

Comment

Legit.

I live in Toronto at the time. Grandma passed and gave me the bulk of her real estate. my share's gonna be just over 500K CAD = 400K USD. that's life changing money. i'm gonna leave my job and tell my boss to go **** goats. ded srs.

The real estate prices are just out of whack in Toronto right now. Canada is too cold and bullchit in Toronto and Vancouver. Pure Chinese and Arab rich kids running wild with their lambos and ferrari's. just LMAO @ that dick measuring contest. I'm getting out.

I just want to use the money to buy a house somewhere nice in an underrated metro city that's relatively safe and can raise a family. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking Denver, Colorado or Portland Maine
                Denver is probably just as cold as Toronto. I used to live in Toronto (St.George and Bloor) right across form the old Varsity stadium) so I understand how crazy expensive it is. Anyone who comes to Montreal will tell you it's one of the best cities in the world (regardless of whether or not u speak French) and is infinitely cheaper than Toronto. However, if weather plays a major factor for you then u might want to look at somewhere like Florida. Peace.

Comment

lol i got $300k cash (savings and mutual funds) and still works like a horse. $400k ain't **** to relocate and never work ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
                    Denver is probably just as cold as Toronto. I used to live in Toronto (St.George and Bloor) right across form the old Varsity stadium) so I understand how crazy expensive it is. Anyone who comes to Montreal will tell you it's one of the best cities in the world (regardless of whether or not u speak French) and is infinitely cheaper than Toronto. However, if weather plays a major factor for you then u might want to look at somewhere like Florida. Peace.
                    I was born and raised in Montreal...anyone who has left will tell you it's crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post

thanks a lot bruv.

thought about Florida and CA but I like the seasons. white xmas and snowman etc.

Denver is a little bit warmer than Toronto, so that's perfect for me.

I just can't have Alaska or Calgary type of cold.

Comment

Working...
                      X