• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Mr. Rick Wright

Wish you were here.

Comment

Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post

Favorite Floyd song, RIP Syd and Richard Wright.
      Great song.

I also loved the David Bowie version.

Comment

great band but they got my youtube channel shutdown a week ago from copyright infringments from my roger waters videos I recorded from the wall gig. can't post vids for awhile. I got the letter from pink Floyd management. possible legal action if I do it again. so I took down over 1000 concert videos of big bands.... C**ts... 4years ago I posted them & they finally caught my sorry ass...

Comment

Comment

I thought the lyrics were profound the first time I heard this in my teens. Now as I get older they mean more and more. I know it's probably a bit cliche' but DSOTM is probably my favorite album. Wish You Were Here is a close second. Obviously the Wall, Meddle and Animals are incredible too. Atom Heart Mother is underrated IMO.

I love all their stuff although I must admit I never gave The Final Cut and A Momentay Lapse Of Reason much of a chance. They have sat in my collection for years without a single play to be honest. The interplay between Waters and Gilmour on earlier releases was more true to the Pink Floyd sound than when either guy wrote all the material. I did enjoy The Division Bell and I liked The Endless River for what it was. I know a lot of fans gave it a lot of **** but it's got some sweet jamming parts in there. However, I found David Gilmour's On An Island and Rattle That Lock to be more interesting to me.
            Last edited by Panopticon; 06-30-2016, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the thread, mate, only just getting into this group. What I've heard, I've liked, but it takes time to hear everything, doesn't it?

Comment

Comment

I see the vids I shared in the opening posts of the thread have already been removed due to copyright but this is the good thing about the internet - you cannot prevent people from reuploading.

Comment

This is what i'm talking about. Better than all that hippidy hop that gets posted around here.

I was just listening to Piper At The Gates Of Dawn yesterday and also Syd's solo stuff.

I know Gilmour's step son through a friend. he's a d1ck.

Comment

Working...
                      X