Dozens killed in Brussels terrorist attack

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
    Nobody is falling for what??
    I said that rather than do nothing, the solution is halting Islamic immigration.

Your response: "But some are already here! So round up all the Muslims?!?!"

Nobody is going to fall for that. Predictable far-left argument technique. Nice try though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
      I said that rather than do nothing, the solution is halting Islamic immigration.

Your response: "But some are already here! So round up all the Muslims?!?!"

Nobody is going to fall for that. Predictable far-left argument technique. Nice try though.
      lol
      Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Interesting first paragraph. Moderate Muslims should welcome police.
        Yes, but they don't. So that's making guys like Trump and Cruz look correct...

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        So, FOR EXAMPLE, moderate and non racist whites should welcome the ATF or FBI on their property when the government is looking for white supremacists?
        Strawman argument.

Cruz suggested increased patrols in neighborhoods, not depriving them of private property rights.

So far, no effective rebuttals on your part. So we move one....

Or they should report any white man with a bible outside of an abortion clinic since these men have murdered abortion doctors and bombed abortion clinics?
        Tu quoque, which is a fallacy as well.

So still not one effective rebuttal. On we go....

Your response makes me think you are a modern age Archie Bunker.
        And now the personal insults begin!

So still, not one effective rebuttal.

Profiling never works because law enforcement ends up harassing more law abiding citizens then they do catching criminals. Of course people like you do not care because you do not live in the community you suggest the profiling takes place.
        First off, you need to source the claim that profiling doesn't work.

Second, you're now making assumptions about me. That's not an effective rebuttal either.

So far, nothing still! Yet you do have ONE possible rebuttal, IF you can source your claims. So, can you?

You are entitled to believe whatever you wish.
        As are you, but you're not entitled to your own facts.

when the government gets around to addressing domestic terror, I hope you feel the same way about profiling. Make sure to open your house and let the government check anything they want.
        Profiling is fine. My 'toy' is a Mustang GT, with a nice set of performance mods. When I'm driving it around an area where there is street racing, I expect (and am) profiled. And in that case, the cops are right! I do my share of street racing. Gee, go figure.

As for opening my house, that's the same fallacy you used earlier. Profiling and private property rights are not mutually inclusive.

So; care to try again, and this time without the fallacy?
        Last edited by 1bad65; 03-24-2016, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Yes, but they don't. So that's making guys like Trump and Cruz look correct...

Strawman argument.

Cruz suggested increased patrols in neighborhoods, not depriving them of private property rights.

So far, no effective rebuttals on your part. So we move one....

Tu quoque, which is a fallacy as well.

So still not one effective rebuttal. On we go....

And now the personal insults begin!

So still, not one effective rebuttal.

First off, you need to source the claim that profiling doesn't work.

Second, you're now making assumptions about me. That's not an effective rebuttal either.

So far, nothing still! Yet you do have ONE possible rebuttal, IF you can source your claims. So, can you?

As are you, but you're not entitled to your own facts.

Profiling is fine. My 'toy' is a Mustang GT, with a nice set of performance mods. When I'm driving it around an area where there is street racing, I expect (and am) profiled. And in that case, the cops are right! I do my share of street racing. Gee, go figure.

As for opening my house, that's the same fallacy you used earlier. Profiling and private property rights are not mutually inclusive.

So; care to try again, and this time without the fallacy?
          LMFAO!! As if you saying the rebuttal is effective means anything. When people like you allow yourselves and those like you to be treated as you treat others then I might be more open to your opinion. Until then, I see yours as an opinion that is incredibly dangerous and biased and that's a big reason as to why I am against it.

Well, we know that patrolling neighborhoods is the start and that ultimately, even though he didn't mention it outright, history shows that people's homes will be compromised. Lest you think they will ID a potential terrorist and then not invade their home.

I didn't insult you, I told you how I see you based on the opinions and points you have been making. I've read what you wrote and reached a conclusion about you based on that.

From the info under your avi and based on what I've read from you, my guess is you are most likely an over 50 yr old white male. I doubt we are going to agree on this issue given, we have different life experiences, levels of education, and other differences that drive how we see this issue.

Comment

• Don't waste your time talking with Big Dunn, this guy has a mental illness he just keeps repeating the same things over and over, when you answer his question he just repeats it like he completely ignores your answer.

He has narcissistic personality disorder he refuses to be wrong or corrected.

Dunn is the same guy who said Pacquiao is on Peds but is on here now saying you cannot accuse or profile someone without hardcore evidence or proof they are innocent until proven guilty, and you are a Racist if you think Broner is trying to be like Floyd.

He is over here trying to act logical and rational yet doesn't apply that to others, don't take him serious.

You will just keep going in circles with this guy, and get a head ache.

He has also never criticized Floyd Mayweather, so that should say something.

Comment

Comparing Muslims to Nazi's is unconscionable.
              comparing the doctrines of islam to nazism isn't far from the truth. i would go on to say that it's actually worse.

Your 2nd paragraph is utterly ******ed. What you term a "dangerous" amount is in fact a small percentage of the overall population. We live on the same planet, we have been educated differently, we have a different soci economic status, one of us has a more diverse pool of information from which we form our opinions.
              World Public Opinion: 61% of Egyptians approve of attacks on Americans
              32% of Indonesians approve of attacks on Americans
              41% of Pakistanis approve of attacks on Americans
              38% of Moroccans approve of attacks on Americans
              83% of Palestinians approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (only 14% oppose)
              62% of Jordanians approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (21% oppose)
              42% of Turks approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (45% oppose)
              A minority of Muslims disagreed entirely with terror attacks on Americans:
              (Egypt 34%; Indonesia 45%; Pakistan 33%)
              About half of those opposed to attacking Americans were sympathetic with al-Qaeda’s attitude toward the U.S.

Pew Research (2007): 26% of younger Muslims in America believe suicide bombings are justified.
              35% of young Muslims in Britain believe suicide bombings are justified (24% overall).
              42% of young Muslims in France believe suicide bombings are justified (35% overall).
              22% of young Muslims in Germany believe suicide bombings are justified.(13% overall).
              29% of young Muslims in Spain believe suicide bombings are justified.(25% overall).

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pa...ion-polls.aspx

You have suggested many times that we punish those that haven't acted based on what you believe is their extreme thinking. I find that to be problematic.
              are you afraid that they'll act on their beliefs?

I don't care what is popular in Europe. I have been on the opposite end of profiling. Profiling as a means of deterrence never works. What ends up happening is all the decent people get harassed and have their rights violated.
              never say never unless you have the statistics to back it up.

Its funny but guys like you have no problem with profiling yet whine and ***** anytime the someone suggests policies that profiles gun buyers and owners as a deterrent to mass gun violence-which is much more of a threat than Islamic terror.
              strawman.

No, their issues are not with me and you know it. Their issues are with those in power for the positions they've taken and acts committed against them.
              oh i suppose they didn't have any issue with these dead Belgians... or the cartoonists in Paris... or the millions of innocent civilians killed all over the world in the name of islam.

islam has been at war with itself and outsiders since it's inception. you're a fool if you want to argue against this. all you have to do is pick up their holy book for the citations.

as BLM would say: dindu nuffin'.

My understanding of Islam is far deeper than you are willing to give credit. I have different life experiences than you. I am older and likely have seen a little bit more than you.
              evidently not. "i don't care what is popular in Europe." doesn't help your case either.

The idea that you think because I do not means I am uniformed is the exact reason why we see things differently. Analyzing snippets and parsed quotes is fine for an online discussion. That is not prudent if you are a world leader developing a position/policy on how to deal with terror.
              the position/policy you're suggesting has been tried for thousands of years and it hasn't worked. muslims are incapable of self-regulation.

Comment

• Comparing Muslims to Nazi's is unconscionable.
                Not really. Look at the affect the actions of the Nazi party (a fairly small group of people) had on white racial identity. It became borderline illegal.

Why do Islamic terrorist groups and Islamic governments who openly support genocide not have the same shaming affect on Islamic religion?

Well we all know why (all human behavior ultimately boils down to adolescent feelings of insecurity/envy).

But why in your own words?

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                  comparing the doctrines of islam to nazism isn't far from the truth. i would go on to say that it's actually worse.

World Public Opinion: 61% of Egyptians approve of attacks on Americans
                  32% of Indonesians approve of attacks on Americans
                  41% of Pakistanis approve of attacks on Americans
                  38% of Moroccans approve of attacks on Americans
                  83% of Palestinians approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (only 14% oppose)
                  62% of Jordanians approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (21% oppose)
                  42% of Turks approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (45% oppose)
                  A minority of Muslims disagreed entirely with terror attacks on Americans:
                  (Egypt 34%; Indonesia 45%; Pakistan 33%)
                  About half of those opposed to attacking Americans were sympathetic with al-Qaeda’s attitude toward the U.S.

Pew Research (2007): 26% of younger Muslims in America believe suicide bombings are justified.
                  35% of young Muslims in Britain believe suicide bombings are justified (24% overall).
                  42% of young Muslims in France believe suicide bombings are justified (35% overall).
                  22% of young Muslims in Germany believe suicide bombings are justified.(13% overall).
                  29% of young Muslims in Spain believe suicide bombings are justified.(25% overall).

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pa...ion-polls.aspx

are you afraid that they'll act on their beliefs?

never say never unless you have the statistics to back it up.

strawman.

oh i suppose they didn't have any issue with these dead Belgians... or the cartoonists in Paris... or the millions of innocent civilians killed all over the world in the name of islam.

islam has been at war with itself and outsiders since it's inception. you're a fool if you want to argue against this. all you have to do is pick up their holy book for the citations.

as BLM would say: dindu nuffin'.

evidently not. "i don't care what is popular in Europe." doesn't help your case either.

the position/policy you're suggesting has been tried for thousands of years and it hasn't worked. muslims are incapable of self-regulation.
                  I already gave my opinion on the comparison you made.

SO they approved of attacks on the US, that isn't the same as actually doing them. You do not punish people for what they think or feel.

When you say "beliefs" what are you talking about-all of them or just the negative ones you are focused on? I am not worried.

What is the likelihood that you, given your location in the US, you will be the victim of a terror attack? If you know the answer, does this in any way factor into your thought process?

Seriously, never say never. When have you seen profiling work?

No its not a straw man, its looking at the difference in how one deals with problems when they are a member of the "problem" group vs when they are not. You just posted stats that show the overwhelming majority of Muslims are not in favor of suicide bombings (from 2007 its 2015) yet you would base your response to the issue based on the minority that do favor it. That isn't responsible IMO.

If you wish to demonize all to justify the response you want, hey you are entitled. I just do not see how that helps the problem. History shows it just makes it worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
                    Don't waste your time talking with Big Dunn, this guy has a mental illness he just keeps repeating the same things over and over, when you answer his question he just repeats it like he completely ignores your answer.

He has narcissistic personality disorder he refuses to be wrong or corrected.

Dunn is the same guy who said Pacquiao is on Peds but is on here now saying you cannot accuse or profile someone without hardcore evidence or proof they are innocent until proven guilty, and you are a Racist if you think Broner is trying to be like Floyd.

He is over here trying to act logical and rational yet doesn't apply that to others, don't take him serious.

You will just keep going in circles with this guy, and get a head ache.

He has also never criticized Floyd Mayweather, so that should say something.
                    Please man, its bad enough you continue to lie about this. In NSB forum, I just let it slide. Please do not ruin what has been a fairly robust debate simply because its over your head.

Comment

LMFAO!! As if you saying the rebuttal is effective means anything.
                      It does. Notice I pointed out the specific fallacies you had to lower yourself to.

Do you need any of those terms taught to you before you attempt to continue?

When people like you allow yourselves and those like you to be treated as you treat others then I might be more open to your opinion.
                      As stated above, I do. Try and keep up with what I write please. I dont like to have to repeat myself.

Until then, I see yours as an opinion that is incredibly dangerous and biased and that's a big reason as to why I am against it.
                      Well that's your opinion, but Europe has seen that liberal 'tolerance' and denial is not working at all. It's actually leading to the deaths of lots of innocent people.

You do realize insanity is continuing on with the same policies and expecting a different result, don't you?

Well, we know that patrolling neighborhoods is the start and that ultimately, even though he didn't mention it outright, history shows that people's homes will be compromised.
                      Pure conjecture, yet again. Can you please stop this and try and debate based on facts alone?

Or is that too much to ask of a person like yourself?

Lest you think they will ID a potential terrorist and then not invade their home.
                      Are you crazy?!?!

Of course if they ID a terrorists they will get a warrant (or probable cause) and search the home. That's basic 4th Amendment stuff here.

Geez, how much of the basics do you need me to explain to you???

FYI, I'm here to debate, not to teach you things I learned well before High School.

I didn't insult you,...
                      Yes you did. You called me the name of a fictional character, and thus out of my name.

Knock it off. If you cant state your case in an adult manner, you have no case to state.

I told you how I see you based on the opinions and points you have been making. I've read what you wrote and reached a conclusion about you based on that.
                      and that's your right. But once you spew it out, you've resorted to insult.

Look at it this way; based on your posts, and your desperate attempts at fallacy, I feel certain words fit you. I THINK that. But I don't call you those words in our debates because that would be me stooping to insult and name-calling. Get it?

From the info under your avi and based on what I've read from you, my guess is you are most likely an over 50 yr old white male.
                      And you are wrong.

FYI, my age is under my avatar.

I doubt we are going to agree on this issue given, we have different life experiences, levels of education, and other differences that drive how we see this issue.
                      We don't have to agree on opinions, but you will have to agree on the facts. That's been your problem so far, you're making up things and calling them facts.
                      Last edited by 1bad65; 03-24-2016, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X