Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your fav. Steak to grill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-Bone or ribeye, bone in. Soaked in olive oil and minced garlic. Seasoned with salt and pepper. Grilled slightly dark on the outside and pink in the middle.

Comment

scotch fillet medium rare!!!!!!!

marinate of lemon juice, olive oil, salt n pepper

Comment

Originally posted by GuessWhosBack View Post
        scotch fillet medium rare!!!!!!!

marinate of lemon juice, olive oil, salt n pepper
        What's a scotch fillet bro?

Comment

Part of me is really laughing at all this thread, like the spices and cuts listed. I'm just imagined them said real slow, and intensely.

Comment

barbequed pork shoulder steaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyo Ledbetter View Post
              Part of me is really laughing at all this thread, like the spices and cuts listed. I'm just imagined them said real slow, and intensely.
              Ill admit its a gay thread but the grill aint no joke!

Comment

i don't grill as much as i used to, or eat steak for that matter, but i cook a f#cking top flight ribeye on a stovetop, and finish it in the oven.

one of the biggest influences on the quality of your steak is the cut of meat itself. you gotta get picky in the store and get the best looking steak of the grade you'd like.

Comment

i eat ribeyes. rarely i'd pick up a T bone, new york strip. porterhouse is just too big for one dude to be eating alone.

seasoning is salt / pepper.

maybe i can find and bump my cooking / prep methods in more detail.

let the steak get to room temp. i leave mine on a clean plate on the counter for at least an hour.

salt and pepper either side about 10-20 mins prior to cooking.
                  rub some olive oil into the steak immediately prior to cooking.
                  preheat the oven to 425.

heat a cast iron skillet to high heat. this will take a while, so be patient. the pan will start to smoke before it is ready for your steak. your house / apt is going to get smoked up like crazy, so turn off your detectors or get a hell of a fan going. if your place can't handle all of the smoke, use peanut oil. it can get much hotter without smoking. the flavor won't be quite as robust, but it's still going to make a hell of a steak if you time it right.

cook until browned on either side on high heat on the stovetop. it should be around 2.5-3 mins, but not all ovens, pans, and steaks are the same.

then she goes into the oven, skillet and all. i used a meat thermometer by the end of my steak eating prime, but you really don't need one if you cook enough steaks.

the time in the oven will vary greatly depending on the thickness fo the steak, and how well you want to cook it. expect 5+ mins for a huge steak, and markedly less for a small one. a tiny steak can be finished on the stovetop.

cooking a nice cut of steak longer than medium rare is blasphemy, for the record.

Comment

Originally posted by Duggie View Post
                    Agree with the ribeye. A lot of people I know prefer sirloin and say ribeye has too much fat through it but I think it improves the flavour, not that a sirloin steak is bad because it's beautiful. But a nice ribeye still a little bloody is food heaven
                    Fat is essential in a steak. It's the reason I don't care too much for a filet, it doesn't have enough flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      Fat is essential in a steak. It's the reason I don't care too much for a filet, it doesn't have enough flavor.
                      Agreed 100%. The steak needs some really good marbling for best flavor. Even Prime filet needs help. That's why filets are better with sauces, like an Au Poivre sauce.

Comment

Working...
                      X