No announcement yet.

Any Wrestling Fans on BoxingScene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post

This is my thing on it, and belive me I like smaller wrestlers, HBK, Eddie G, Benoit are some of my all time favourites.

But the problem is, if every match is HBK vs Kurt Angle then that match isn't special any more, you need variety. David and Goliath is always a winner.

When you have a guy north of 400lbs that can do a moonsault he should be one of the featured parts of your show.

The other casual observation is that there's too much long term booking. Wrestlemania is almost too big now and they spend all year building to it.

Summerslam and Survivor Series used to be almost on that same level, I hope they move away a bit from all the 1000 day title reigns now and we get a little bit of unpredictability in the title scene.

There needs to be 3 or 4 guys at the top of the roster where any time you match them up the fans are not 100% sure who's walking out with the belt. Romans reign was 1300 days and we all KNEW it would end at wrestlemania and I don't think there were too many occasions in that 1300 days where it seemed there was real jeapordy to his reign.
    And if you're a Brit, then are you familiar with the British wrestling legends, like Davey Boy Smith, Dynamite Kid, Saraya, William Regal and Big Daddy? I've heard there's a big wrestling scene there in the UK too. Saraya's brother just signed with AEW now as well. She used to be Paige in WWE. Will Ospreay is a current exciting wrestler from the UK as well. He's got an upcoming match with Bryan Danielson that should be a great one.
    Doctor Warp Doctor Warp likes this.

Comment

• Looks like Solo taking charge of the bloodline while Roman and rock are out. Some other Samoan showed up and destroyed jimmy for failing against jey. Hilariously threatening Paul Heyman too

Comment

• Originally posted by $Bullsfam$ View Post
        Looks like Solo taking charge of the bloodline while Roman and rock are out. Some other Samoan showed up and destroyed jimmy for failing against jey. Hilariously threatening Paul Heyman too
        It's gonna be fire when Jey and Jimmy reunite, gonna be one of those epic tearful moments in WWE history.

I just hope they keep them as singles though, Jey is over as f**k. I really think he or LA Knight should have ended Gunther's IC title run, even though I love Sami.

The Usos have nothing left to prove as a tag team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor Warp View Post
          The brother vs. brother match went how I expected. Jimmy and Uso aren't like Bret and Owen or Matt and Jeff where there's enough variation in their offense to make it interesting.
          Bret vs. Owen was the only brother vs brother match that delivered at WM.

Matt vs. Jeff Hardy was a let down at WM 25. Apparently it was because the match length was cut by around 10 minutes to give more time to Undertaker vs. HBK. Jeff talked about how upset he was about that.

On a side note, it makes me sad that they didn't include Undertaker vs. Kane when mentioning brother vs. brother matches at WM lmao.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

Bret vs. Owen was the only brother vs brother match that delivered at WM.

Matt vs. Jeff Hardy was a let down at WM 25. Apparently it was because the match length was cut by around 10 minutes to give more time to Undertaker vs. HBK. Jeff talked about how upset he was about that.

On a side note, it makes me sad that they didn't include Undertaker vs. Kane when mentioning brother vs. brother matches at WM lmao.
            Kane's entrance was pretty dope. Was one of those "moments". 'Taker looked legitimately shook. And that's hard to sell.
            Willy Wanker Willy Wanker likes this.

Comment

It's gonna be fire when Jey and Jimmy reunite, gonna be one of those epic tearful moments in WWE history.

I just hope they keep them as singles though, Jey is over as f**k. I really think he or LA Knight should have ended Gunther's IC title run, even though I love Sami.

The Usos have nothing left to prove as a tag team.
              Knight could've worked, but he's on Smackdown instead of Raw, so the match couldn't have happened. A Logan Paul US title match was more likely. That's why I kinda see LA Knight winning the briefcase and cashing in on Priest now. Unless they want him to feud with someone else and then beat Logan Paul, that could work too.

Comment

• Originally posted by $Bullsfam$ View Post
                Looks like Solo taking charge of the bloodline while Roman and rock are out. Some other Samoan showed up and destroyed jimmy for failing against jey. Hilariously threatening Paul Heyman too
                That was Tama Tonga, the son of the legendary Haku aka Meng in WCW, who started out as King Tonga in mid 80s WWF. He was at the Hall of Fame this year too. I liked it when Paul Heyman said during his induction speech to his son and daughter that if anyone messes with you "Haku is 2 seats over"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 5O View Post

Kane's entrance was pretty dope. Was one of those "moments". 'Taker looked legitimately shook. And that's hard to sell.
                  There was that epic moment when Kane ripped off the cage door and Vince was yelling "that's gotta be Kane!" Lol

Kane's song (original version) still gives me goosebumps.
                  Sweet Pea 5O Sweet Pea 5O likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

Knight could've worked, but he's on Smackdown instead of Raw, so the match couldn't have happened. A Logan Paul US title match was more likely. That's why I kinda see LA Knight winning the briefcase and cashing in on Priest now. Unless they want him to feud with someone else and then beat Logan Paul, that could work too.
                    You're right, but I was thinking Gunther would hold the title past WM and maybe LA could get drafted to Raw in the near future and beat him. Or Jey could have beat Gunther in a rematch. LA and Jey are both overdue for a single's title run, they're both really over. Cody is the only face who's more over than they are at the moment.

There is a draft coming up this month, looking forward to it.

Also liking Bayley's character direction, she's basically just playing herself now.

Comment

There was that epic moment when Kane ripped off the cage door and Vince was yelling "that's gotta be Kane!" Lol

Kane's song (original version) still gives me goosebumps.
                      Yep.

Lights turn off. Theme starts....

Ripping the steel cage door off just to get in a Hell in a Cell.

Pretty good.
                      Willy Wanker Willy Wanker likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X