No announcement yet.

Any Wrestling Fans on BoxingScene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by $Bullsfam$ View Post

Did you see CM Punk's interview today? Literally confirms everybody saying Khan is a fan and not a boss. Does not drop the hammer or use his authority. I think that's why AEW is a hot mess with no consistency. The only thing to really look forward to seems to be "the next big addition of the month".

WWE is on fire. The bloodline/Cody/rock stuff has been absolutely fire. Really bringing the attitude era back just in time to go to Netflix and have less restrictions. Could have Raw be the adult targeted show and smackdown stay the PG like it's been on television. Appeal a bit to everybody. The story's are just a lot better with more purpose.

I'd say AEW puts on better matches but WWE is cooking right now making this WrestleMania feel really special.
    I need to check out the whole interview. I did read some quotes, like when Punk said Khan is a really nice guy, and that's actually the root of a lot of problems in AEW.

This is the best WWE has been since I was in my 20s and I'm 42 now lol. Rock was right the other night when he said wrestling is "cool" again.
    Doctor Warp Doctor Warp likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

Good points. And if you look closely last week, you can see Rock said to Cody you're gonna bleed and then that's what happened to end the show. Oh and did you hear the announcement they made on Raw? The Rock will induct his promoter grandmother Lia Maivia and Roman is going to induct Paul Heyman. Should be a damn good HOF this year. I remember watching in the 80s and Paul being one of the first guys to have a cell phone on TV. Even back in his 20s, he already looked old. Kind of interesting Paul became more distinguished looking. He's one of those guys that's looked about 40 years old since he was about 25. Kinda like Arn Anderson or JJ Dillon.

Oh yeah and anyone watch the Harley Race Dark Side of the Ring this week yet? Damn that dude was tough or as Gordon Solie used to say "all man and a mile wide." Talk about a guy that lived through some crazy times and an innovator. He was fighting outside the ring and doing table spots before anyone else.
      It's cool to see Roman induct Heyman.

Paul E. never gets enough praise, but to have the biggest current star and WWE champ induct him is a big deal. Heyman goes way back with Anoai family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

It's cool to see Roman induct Heyman.

Paul E. never gets enough praise, but to have the biggest current star and WWE champ induct him is a big deal. Heyman goes way back with Anoai family.
        Yeah, I know and I should've remembered being an old guy myself and old school fan. Wasn't it the Samoan Swat Team in WCW Heyman managed? I believe someone on here pointed it out. Pro wrestling needs managers more these days. They have that one guy in AEW with the pencil behind his ear and that Nana guy with Swerve. It was more fun when there was kind of a stable though in the major promotions. Jake the Snake was fun to see with Lance Archer for a while too. Archer isn't getting enough of a push these days. They don't know how to push big men anymore in wrestling. Guys like Archer, Jake Hager and Miro would be HUGE stars in 80s-90s WWF or WCW. Imagine how someone like a Pat Patterson or Dusty Rhodes would've built up guys like that back in the day? Or Ole Anderson or Bill Watts when they were bookers? Or a Jim Cornette?

Comment

Yeah, I know and I should've remembered being an old guy myself and old school fan. Wasn't it the Samoan Swat Team in WCW Heyman managed? I believe someone on here pointed it out. Pro wrestling needs managers more these days. They have that one guy in AEW with the pencil behind his ear and that Nana guy with Swerve. It was more fun when there was kind of a stable though in the major promotions. Jake the Snake was fun to see with Lance Archer for a while too. Archer isn't getting enough of a push these days. They don't know how to push big men anymore in wrestling. Guys like Archer, Jake Hager and Miro would be HUGE stars in 80s-90s WWF or WCW. Imagine how someone like a Pat Patterson or Dusty Rhodes would've built up guys like that back in the day? Or Ole Anderson or Bill Watts when they were bookers? Or a Jim Cornette?

Yeah, this was back when the wiseman had a full head of hair to rock a mullet:

heyman-samoans.jpg

Prince Nana is hilarious, I wonder if they'll keep him with Swerve now that he's a face.

Comment

heyman-samoans.jpg

Prince Nana is hilarious, I wonder if they'll keep him with Swerve now that he's a face.
            Isn't he kind of a tweener now? He's still more of a heel, but just starting to get cheered. I mean, they'll probably have him face Samoa Joe again, whose more of a face now, since he's getting face pops and facing more heels lately.

Comment

heyman-samoans.jpg

That's a cool shot. Were they better as the Samoan Swat Team than as the Headshrinkers? I never saw their SST work.

BTW Anthony, would you be down to submit nominations for my HOF?​

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor Warp View Post

That's a cool shot. Were they better as the Samoan Swat Team than as the Headshrinkers? I never saw their SST work.

I like the Samoan Swat Team more, mainly because they used the Michael Myers Halloween theme. They were scary as f**k.

Headshrinkers were good too, but I remember an interview where they were eating a whole chicken with their bare hands. Just came off as cartoonish, like a goofy version of the Wild Samoans.

Comment

Isn't he kind of a tweener now? He's still more of a heel, but just starting to get cheered. I mean, they'll probably have him face Samoa Joe again, whose more of a face now, since he's getting face pops and facing more heels lately.
                  I was gonna say that, but seems like he's headed towards a full face turn.

I'd prefer for Swerve to stay heel. The funny thing is, Joe seems like a tweener sometimes as well, even though I'm sure he's a heel.

Comment

• hot Japanese **** stars in in green jello

bukkake Nd I’m there

m a Pervert

I like or liked j chicks who smoked meth and Would sleep naked on my bed

I don’t think lot of guys elieve me 30 years in Japan

I like this one chick who is highly uneducated and any ind a job other than ****ing

he has perfect body messed up Teef

marriage material at comic on

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor Warp View Post

No, so stop asking. I'm busy.

Comment

Working...
                      X