No announcement yet.

Any Wrestling Fans on BoxingScene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

Now you're giving Tony Khan ideas. We might see Sulaimon at All Out to award the AEW Franchise belt.
    Sulaiman runs out and gives Omega a spear

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

Bret's my all-time favorite. While a great worker, was okay enough on the mic over time. What I saw of him in WCW, they seemed to not know what to do with him there for the most part. The Benoit match as a tribute to Owen was a nice touch though. Kinda weird to watch now, but still a good match. And the steel plate blocking the spear to knock out Goldberg was a nice touch. I've been wanting someone in wrestling to do that to block one of those mist shots in AEW, like maybe some kind of goggles or contacts to defend against it. I prefer a face to eventually learn from mistakes and be smart like that.
      WCW had plenty of talents in their roster, but they failed on utilizing all of them. it sucks that they keep on reviving the NWO Angle and adding some members. That's the major difference between WWE and WCW. After Randy Orton was kicked out of Evolution they never added some new members, And All of them feuded with each other.

Comment

Bret's my all-time favorite. While a great worker, was okay enough on the mic over time. What I saw of him in WCW, they seemed to not know what to do with him there for the most part. The Benoit match as a tribute to Owen was a nice touch though. Kinda weird to watch now, but still a good match. And the steel plate blocking the spear to knock out Goldberg was a nice touch. I've been wanting someone in wrestling to do that to block one of those mist shots in AEW, like maybe some kind of goggles or contacts to defend against it. I prefer a face to eventually learn from mistakes and be smart like that.
        WCW had plenty of talents in their roster, but they failed on utilizing all of them. it sucks that they keep on reviving the NWO Angle and adding some members. That's the major difference between WWE and WCW. After Randy Orton was kicked out of Evolution they never added some new members, And All of them feuded with each other.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Bret_Hart View Post

Hmm, kinda sounds like AEW right now. That worries me a bit, since I really like AEW.

Comment

Gameplay is everything in video games. That's why Mike Tyson's Punch Out is still an amazing game.

Moxley's original finisher in WWE "dirty deeds" looked pretty awkward depending on who took the move, but still looked effective when done right, like a bulldog/skull crushing finale hybrid. Looks decent, but not good enough for a finisher. Glad he went with the double arm DDT.

tumblr_nefvfoUmID1rblvyjo3_400.gifv.gif
              Who is that in the video, Kane?

Comment

Who is that in the video, Kane?
                Yeah, Corporate Kane. Definitely a low point in his career. Which is kind of funny because that corporate Kane character is what he seems to be like in real life now.
                Last edited by Willy Wanker; 08-27-2022, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Yeah, Corporate Kane. Definitely a low point in his career. Which is kind of funny because that corporate Kane character is what he seems to be like in real life now.
                  Finally caught Moxley vs. Punk match, but not rest of the show yet. Is it true Moxley asked "was that not supposed to happen?" lol? Sounds like the finish was changed for 2 reasons:

Punk came back too early, needs to leave again and have more time to heal.

Punk started pissing off people in the back, like Eddie Kingston and John Moxley, so Tony Khan thinks some time away will cool things off.

And what the hell is with The Acclaimed getting a title shot and not #1 ranked FTR? I thought when AEW started, management said wins and losses plus rankings would matter. If a lower ranked team or someone who just wins a battle royal can jump the line, then that doesn't really seem to be the case, now does it?

Comment

Finally caught Moxley vs. Punk match, but not rest of the show yet. Is it true Moxley asked "was that not supposed to happen?" lol? Sounds like the finish was changed for 2 reasons:

Punk came back too early, needs to leave again and have more time to heal.

Punk started pissing off people in the back, like Eddie Kingston and John Moxley, so Tony Khan thinks some time away will cool things off.

And what the hell is with The Acclaimed getting a title shot and not #1 ranked FTR? I thought when AEW started, management said wins and losses plus rankings would matter. If a lower ranked team or someone who just wins a battle royal can jump the line, then that doesn't really seem to be the case, now does it?
                    Honestly, this hasn't been a good month for AEW.

The Acclaimed hasn't beaten any top teams. I like them a lot, but AEW has a ranking system and records for a reason.

Well apparently they're going to have a Mox vs. Punk rematch at All Out. Punk is definitely healed up, him getting reinjured was a work. But I think he legit pissed off Khan that's why he jobbed to Mox so quickly.

Khan has to make those tough decisions and remind everyone that he's the boss. Can't have talent walk all over him like what happened to Bishoff in WCW.

Comment

Honestly, this hasn't been a good month for AEW.

The Acclaimed hasn't beaten any top teams. I like them a lot, but AEW has a ranking system and records for a reason.

Well apparently they're going to have a Mox vs. Punk rematch at All Out. Punk is definitely healed up, him getting reinjured was a work. But I think he legit pissed off Khan that's why he jobbed to Mox so quickly.

Khan has to make those tough decisions and remind everyone that he's the boss. Can't have talent walk all over him like what happened to Bishoff in WCW.
                      MJF may come back at the PPV... maybe

Comment

Working...
                      X