No announcement yet.

The Lie That is White Privilege

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TyphoonFloyd View Post
    You and the rest of the woe is me everything is against us because of "white privilege" doe type are perpetuating that you are indeed inferior(this is kind of what Molyneux was inferring in the video also if you didn't listen to it like most). You've been given more opportunities than any other ethnic group including "whitey" and since most of your kind can't take advantage to succeed you just blame everyone but your damn selves LOL! Quit passing the buck whenever it suits your need and own up to the inferiority as you yourself like to call it(I don't think the black race is inferior I just think that some can't handle taking responsibility in this day in age for their own actions).

There are videos on youtube that you can look up yourself that have these welfare queens who think someone else should pay for them and their 8 kids instead of taking responsibility themselves! There are also some that want to have kids for the sole benefit of what government assistance they can receive for them(This infuriates me the most... those poor children!). I can't help that some of your men don't want to be fathers and have baby mamas. I can't help that some of your kind don't want an education and are fine with Ebonics like: dat, bae, ratchet, thug lyfe, finna, thurr, on fleek, axe(not ask), boff, thirsty, sho nuff, fo sho, gud, holla, atcha, boi, gangsta, etc...

Other ethnic groups have proven that in this day in age there is no more excuses! But those stats don't back the give me stuff agenda because I'm myself feeling inferior, lazy, and irresponsible nowadays. Our people were once slaves and oppressed also along with pretty much everyone on Earth! Quit being so damn selfish and ignorant. The term "white privilege" is in fact the definition of bigotry.

This beauty argument is beyond ******ed. I'm Caucasian and I love females of every ethnicity but I actually prefer Hispanic woman. I don't mind a good blonde with blue eyes but it's not my preference. I also like a lot of black woman. Rihanna(with long hair omg), Candice Patton, Lauren London, Gabrielle Union, Halle Berry, Stacey Dash, Lisa Raye, Cassie, Meagan Good, Zoe Saldana, Selita Ebanks, Tyra Banks, KD Aubert, Jennifer Freeman, Keyshia Cole, etc... omg are these woman are beyond sexy!!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... what some like others don't so quit with your nonsense of this "European standard." I'm tired of these projected bigot views on everything just to blame "whitey." Why don't you ask your fellow people why they don't like their natural hair instead of blaming "whitey." I don't like long curly pubes so I shave or veet... some like the natural look of the bush. I prefer a goatee others prefer baby face or a beard. To each his own. I don't blame others that don't like my looks on bigotry. I don't tailor myself to meet another's standards.

Here's a couple good questions for you... Do you think a normal tiger is more beautiful than a white tiger(I find them both beautiful but the white one imo looks better)? Do you think a normal panther is more beautiful than a black panther(I find them both beautiful but the black one imo looks better)?

Did white people riot after O.J. wasn't convicted? Do white people make other races black just to incite a white vs black thing like blacks did to Hispanic George Zimmerman? Why was Julianne Hough labeled racist for dressing up like an Orange is the New Black character yet it was fine for the Wayons brothers to make White Chicks? Why is it racist to make a college scholarship fund for poor white males... yet for everyone else it seems fine? Would you find it racist if white people made a NAAWP, WET, United White College Fund, etc...? The double standards are beyond ridiculous.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
        I am completely the same, only on the other side of the spectrum. I was poor, saw drugs ruin my mother, and basically raised myself. I never was handed one damn thing because of my skin color. I will never accept a racist social theory as fact, when I never experienced one ounce of privilege over anybody else.
        All your individual experience proves is that white people can be economically disadvantaged. As many others have said, white privilege is something that may not manifest itself in individual situations, but is shown when looking at data representing blacks and whites as populations.

As always though, I lie somewhere in the middle. It gets to me when people take the line of argument that blacks are inherently less capable of success (many posts in this thread), and I accept that white privilege exists. On the other hand, I find the social justice warriors on Twitter with their constant bashing of "white men" pretty unappealing.

Comment

• Nah, anybody can make it, if they have the willpower.

Comment

• When an indigenous is born into my country or a foreigner from a poor country gains entry into it.. This is what happens...

That person is entitled to immediate doll payments nearly double what we get.

They don't have to look for work.

If they want to work anywhere, we have to provide for them.

They are entitled to low interest government loans.

They are entitled to seats at college and university over us and at discount rates.

It is almost impossible to fire in the case of indigenous.

Community child care centres must extradite white children to allow not only aboriginal, but foreigners from 3rd world countries children as well.

Now I get that the average aboriginal or ethnic is poorer than our average. But even in absolute terms if they have more than us, they get all these benefits!

Problem is our average is skewed by the few rich people here. The MEDIAN difference is not that great!

WE drive around in so so cars whilst they are decked out in the latest wheels, trust home etc.

AND they laugh about it to us and STILL expect us to show respect?

If you ask me there is an equality...

But it goes the other way around!

I dunno what it's like in other parts of the world, but Australia is the dumbest ****in Government at this moment, in the world by far!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
              Problem is our average is skewed by the few rich people here. The MEDIAN difference is not that great!
              How awful that the median white income is only a bit more than the median minority income!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                When an indigenous is born into my country or a foreigner from a poor country gains entry into it.. This is what happens...

That person is entitled to immediate doll payments nearly double what we get.

They don't have to look for work.

If they want to work anywhere, we have to provide for them.

They are entitled to low interest government loans.

They are entitled to seats at college and university over us and at discount rates.

It is almost impossible to fire in the case of indigenous.

Community child care centres must extradite white children to allow not only aboriginal, but foreigners from 3rd world countries children as well.

Now I get that the average aboriginal or ethnic is poorer than our average. But even in absolute terms if they have more than us, they get all these benefits!

WE drive around in so so cars whilst they are decked out in the latest wheels, trust home etc.

AND they laugh about it to us and STILL expect us to show respect?

If you ask me there is an equality...

But it goes the other way around!

I dunno what it's like in other parts of the world, but Australia is the dumbest ****in Government at this moment, in the world by far!
                The U.S. is the same way pretty much... only liberals and bigoted minorities say otherwise. I've noticed the working class usually always have a different view point than those on the government tit or those that came up due to "minority privilege." If they don't get their way they just spout racism and say we have "white privilege" doe.

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                  Of course the rich is privilege as well. A jay Z compared to an average black person will be more privilege. However, we are talking about inherent privilege. The type of privilege where a black youths commit crimes and their mental state is overlooked and they are immediately deemed as monsters and animals, and may never get an insanity plea, whereby a white youth does the same and his entire family history is scrutinized to find a reason for him acting out the way he did, which causes many to sympathize with him. It is played out many times in the media.

Economics does play a part for what i call add-on or paid for privileges like the fancy cars, houses, education, etc, but the crux of this argument is really about our inherent privilege--to be considered as equal human beings who will be allowed the same benefit of the doubts like other races and to make the same errors without being dehumanized. Look how quick Richard Sherman was labelled a "thug". Honestly, i don't even need to explain this more, because nothing will be said inside this forum that can change my feelings towards white privilege and supremacy, for i have done seen and experience too many things in my life to know this thing is real.
                  I don't disagree with you that bigotry permeates virtually all of America's institutions whether it be television, education, justice etc. I just tend to look a things when race , religion, gender and sexual orientation are controlled for.

your example in the 1st paragraph I don't see that as white privilege, I see it as the racism/bigotry that is inherent in the criminal justice system. I completely understand where you are coming from even though we see it differently.

Take getting a college education. Affirmative action programs have convinced people that people of color get spots in school (and in jobs) that they do not deserve and are taking spots away from qualified white students. The reality is many of those spots are taken by legacies-students whose parents went to the school- and the children/family members of those who donate funds regularly. Poor, working and middle class white kids get shafted as much as children of color, only they are made to believe its because of race and gender when its more about economics..

Richard Sherman illustrates the point I was making in my post. His hair is styled the same way the "thug" image is portrayed in movies and in videos so he was automatically called a thug. That was so his message could be diffused without being addressed (a tactic you see often here on NSB) and the focus is kept on the QB's.

The powers that be know Sherman is Stanford educated so they know he understands how to communicate in a way that reaches across economic, racial, religious lines. The NFL doesn't want a Sherman to be the face of the league, they prefer it be a QB, preferably Peyton. That's the inherent bigotry in their business model-they want to make sure they connect with the wealthiest fans and see Peyton and the QB position as the best way to do so.

I think when all other factors are controlled for and you look at how people work within their own cultural milieus, those with the most economic resources usually get to steer the way things work. In a capitalistic democracy, that is completely understandable.

Nothing should change your opinion, but more facts may allow you to see things from a different perspective. I would say keep an open mind, but never lose your sense of self.

Comment

• The reality is that both sides have some merit in their arguments. Yes people of color have historically suffered prejudice and are fairly compensated with affirmative action schemes, but its a fact that many are happily stuck in a cycle of crime, drugs and welfare dependancy, with no aspirations to do much else. Anyone can succeed in a country like America. You just need to work your ass off.

Comment

• Originally posted by LETSGGGO View Post
                      The reality is that both sides have some merit in their arguments. Yes people of color have historically suffered prejudice and are fairly compensated with affirmative action schemes, but its a fact that many are happily stuck in a cycle of crime, drugs and welfare dependancy, with no aspirations to do much else. Anyone can succeed in a country like America. You just need to work your ass off.
                      Does that not need addressing? Unless you think it's inherent
                      Last edited by rorymac; 03-25-2015, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X