No announcement yet.

Better Call Saul [TV]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    Meh, don't really care for a Pinkman spin off. That's just me, though.

As far as a Fring deal, Esposito is aging. I know they can do wonders with CGI and makeup and all, but for me, it would have to be his ascension to status in a timeline obviously before BCS.

Flashbacks are one thing, but a whole 4 or 5 year run? I don't know.
    Yeah he looks really old in BCS, and he gained weight, you could see his tummy. He was slimmer in BB.

Comment

• Glancing through this thread I never knew there were people who actually found this show boring. I was hooked on it and loved every episode. I thought loungers would love it.

Comment

• I was wondering why Nacho looked so familiar, he is the model and voice for Vaas Montenegro in the Far Cry 3 cover lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Yeah he looks really old in BCS, and he gained weight, you could see his tummy. He was slimmer in BB.
          It's the same deal with Mike/Banks.

I would love to see a spin off on his character as a younger man.

We know how formidable he is character wise, but Banks is what, nearing 70 years old?

It's not really a problem for me in BCS, but there is no way they could use Banks in a earlier timeline.

And I think that is the rub with spin offs in dealing with these two shows. The familiarity of the faces to the characters. I think BCS is just about the limit for this "universe", before we get depreciating returns on quality over flat out fan service.

My opinion.

Comment

• They could do a pinkman spin off but I'm not sure what direction they could go with it. He's pretty much broken bad the whole time. I guess maybe he could clean up but that would be boring. I do think they might try something though. The Saul flash forwards are there for a reason. Either Saul goes down or he joins up with somebody and leaves the Cinnabon. And well, Jesse is the prime candidate. Maybe they go to Alaska where Jesse has a big meth lab. Of course, then the Albuquerque universe goes away. Maybe they go back there but Saul helps from an underground, Chuck-type reclusive place. I'd love to hear what the writers say in their meetings.

Comment

• I watched the first series then I lost interest. After reading this thread I need to get back in to it.

Comment

• If they do a Pinkman spin-off, they should do it post breaking bad. Wouldn't be good if they make it about a druggie highschool student from pre-BB. It would be good after BB and he went back to cooking a bit wiser.

A Tuco spinoff would be good if they did it but that actor is busy with another series(Major crimes).

Comment

• Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  If they do a Pinkman spin-off, they should do it post breaking bad. Wouldn't be good if they make it about a druggie highschool student from pre-BB. It would be good after BB and he went back to cooking a bit wiser.

A Tuco spinoff would be good if they did it but that actor is busy with another series(Major crimes).
                  I'm all for a spin off, but yeah. It HAS to be post BB. Not sure what they'll do with it, but if they get the same writers, it should be great.

Comment

• HYPED!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Panopticon View Post
                      HYPED!!!!!!!!

Very, very cool video, bro. He's right. The show definitely gets "Show Don't Tell." I didn't even think about how Jimmy tore the tape off at his own office later, mirroring when he and Chuck tore the tape off at Chuck's place. Very good observation. Gonna watch some old episodes and refresh and keep my eyes open again. Can't wait for the premiere tomorrow!!

Comment

Working...
                      X