Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who played the better Joker: Heath Ledger, or Jack Nicholson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the best acting role ive seen in any movie

Heath Ledger the Joker

Comment

Ledgers performance was a scenery chewing charade. Nicholson all day long.

Comment

Jack Nicholson's Joker is like.....Jack Nicholson

Heath Ledger disappeared in his role

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post

To play the joker right the guy has to be absolutely demented. I think Daniel Day Lewis would have played the best Joker.
          Mind = blown. Imagine if......

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
            Yeah, but everyone other than comic book heads picture the Joker as the JN version. At least I think so.

I grew up on Michael Keaton Batman's, and the animated series. The JN Joker will always be the one I think of Joker as.

And P.S. people. The Dark Knight is a 1 time watch, IMO. Dark Knight Rises and Bane > Dark Knight and Joker.
            BLASPHEMY........Bane was cool and all, Tom hardy did a good job.

But TDK was superior in nearly every way to TDKR.

TDKR was the the worst of the three IMO......wasn't bad but it was so hard to follow up what was TDK.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
              They both did well in their respective performances, but I don't think they really capture the theme of the joker.

The Joker is basically a stone cold lunatic. There isn't a bit of sanity left in him. He only exists to cause as much chaos as possible.

To play the joker right the guy has to be absolutely demented. I think Daniel Day Lewis would have played the best Joker.
              Daniel Day Lewis would be a great Riddler IMO......

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Daniel Day Lewis would be a great Riddler IMO......
                So would Robin Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  BLASPHEMY........Bane was cool and all, Tom hardy did a good job.

But TDK was superior in nearly every way to TDKR.

TDKR was the the worst of the three IMO......wasn't bad but it was so hard to follow up what was TDK.
                  Dark Knight was a great movie, but I couldn't watch it more than 2 times for some reason.

I guess I liked Rises story line better. I know everyone's gonna disagree with me, but to me, Rises was the best.

batman Begins was clearly last, IMO. The beginning with the family angle and Katie Holmes was just meh. The first time watching it, yeah, it's interesting because it's the first time watching it, and you have to follow the story line, but I can do without the beginning in Batman Begins.

Prison scene and Ras al gul were great. The villain in Begins was hot garbage.
                  Last edited by CatchAndShoot; 07-02-2014, 11:39 PM.

Comment

And even my buddies think I'm crazy for saying Rises was the best, and they all think it was boring. I don't care, Bane >>> Joker.

"You embrace the darkness, I was born it." C'mon man. That's gold.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                      Dark Knight was a great movie, but I couldn't watch it more than 2 times for some reason.

I guess I liked Rises story line better. I know everyone's gonna disagree with me, but to me, Rises was the best.

batman Begins was clearly last, IMO. The beginning with the family angle and Katie Holmes was just meh. The first time watching it, yeah, it's interesting because it's the first time watching it, and you have to follow the story line, but I can do without the beginning in Batman Begins.

Prison scene and Ras al gul were great. The villain in Begins was hot garbage.
                      Cilian Murphy wasn't bad as Scarecrow.....I actually really liked the scene where he got Batman with the drugs or whatever and lit him on fire.

The story line in Batman Begins was better. The plot was better. And Liam Neeson as Ras Al Ghul was great. I just liked the feel of the movie.

The Dark Knight was classic IMO. That will be scene as the movie that changed the way comic book movies were done. It was just great, and Ledger completely killed it. He had everyone in awe of what he was doing. All the way around, just a great movie.

The Dark Knight Rises was decent IMO. Bane.....basically....Bane....any scene with Bane was pretty damn good. But there were too many plot holes or just corny stuff in this one. I mean Bruce Wayne somehow manages to get back to Gotham with no plane and no money to his name??? Bane's random death from Catwoman, Talia Al Ghuls corny death, the cliche timed bomb at the end, and of course Batman being alive and well in Italy with Catwoman. I would have preferred Batman really sacrificing himself, killing a super hero would have been somewhere no one had gone before. Or how about the stand off in the middle of the city, the final showdown, or Bane being able to trap EVERY SINGLE COP underground....yeahhhhh there were just too many plot holes or corny stuff. Like when Batman and Bane have their final fight....Bane says "So you came back to die with your city..." batman replies "No....I came back...to stop you"

GREAT WRITING there lol just corny

Don't get me wrong, I liked it, was decent. Bane's scenes in the opening, or when he ****s Batman up, or when he kills that one guy he was associated with early, or when he's talking to Bruce Wayne in the jail. Bane was GREAT. The movie was mediocre. Which equal out to decent. Hardy as Bane saved it from being completely average, and made it decent.

Comment

Working...
                      X