Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who played the better Joker: Heath Ledger, or Jack Nicholson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'll just drop this here.

4corners, go to 4:44.

Comment

I say it is about even in the way each movie was made.

Nicholson carried the movie and Heath was outstanding

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        Mark Hamill.

lol Agree.

I'm one of the few people who actually thought that Heath Ledger's Joker was lame, and that the performance was in part hyped up so enormously due to his tragic and sudden death.

Try thinking about each scene containing Ledger in the absence of the violent act that is carried out within the scene. What you are left with is simply a guy that sounds like a stammering idiot. When you do the same thing with Nicholson's performance you still have extraordinary charisma and presence.
        Last edited by res; 07-03-2014, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
          i'll just drop this here.

4corners, go to 4:44.
          LOL, that was great

Comment

I enjoyed both characters for different reasons, but neither looks the part as well as Conrad Veidt would have.

Comment

To me Heath Ledger. I didn't rate him at all before that performance. I was a naysayer. He shut me up emphatically. I was at a packed house showing when it came out and the audience reacted to every little thing he did.

Comment

I think Daniel Day Lewis would have played the best joker.

Last edited by DARKSEID; 07-03-2014, 05:51 PM.

Comment

He could even play an old Joker like the one in Dark Knight returns

Last edited by DARKSEID; 07-03-2014, 06:02 PM.

Comment

jack was good back in the day but ledger was amazing as the joker & that is by far the best comic book movie performance by any actor ever! remember "do want to see this pen disappear?" they could never replace him...

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
                      lol Agree.

I'm one of the few people who actually thought that Heath Ledger's Joker was lame, and that the performance was in part hyped up so enormously due to his tragic and sudden death.

Try thinking about each scene containing Ledger in the absence of the violent act that is carried out within the scene. What you are left with is simply a guy that sounds like a stammering idiot. When you do the same thing with Nicholson's performance you still have extraordinary charisma and presence.
                      this was from the dark night series of comics not regular batman. the dark knight series the joker was way more sinister then the regular comic series. didn't he kill robin?

Comment

Working...
                      X