Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who played the better Joker: Heath Ledger, or Jack Nicholson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
        bane's voice was awesome. but let's be real here, the rest of the movie was downright terrible.

gotham's entire police force inside this tunnel? that's a good plan. what could go wrong?

bruce wayne teleports back to gotham.

a medieval style showdown at city hall? LMFAO

but ultimately, you're right. i would watch rises again just to have a good laugh. TDK is the superior movie but i really dislike ledger's joker in it.
        Say whaaaaaat?

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
          ^^^^

Comment

Didn't Ledger sit in a hotel and immerse himself in that role, finding the perfect voice for what he thought Joker should be? It's the sort of role that makes you think changed him (before his death I mean.) It was....unforgettable.

At the end of the day it's preference though. You won't see me get up in arms if someone says JN was the best Joker.
            Last edited by SkillspayBills; 07-02-2014, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              Didn't Ledger sit in a hotel and immerse himself in that role, finding the perfect voice for what he thought Joker should be? It's the sort of role that makes you think changed him (before his death I mean.) It was....unforgettable.

At the end of the day it's preference though. You won't see me get up in arms if someone says JN was the best Joker.
              Jack Nicholson even said he warned Heath about playing cynical roles like the Joker, basically saying if you want to play a character that is cynical and be great at it, you almost have to live or act a certain way on a regular basis just to be able to act naturally in the movie to a degree. It's scary.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Not even debatable.....

Heath Ledger

Nicholson was very good and for it's time, he was great.

But Ledger, you forgot it was an actor. He immersed himself so deep into that role.

Not even close IMHO and I'm a huge Nicholson fan. I think Nicholson is he GOAT in terms of resume. But Heath Ledger was the better joker by far.
                Id have to agree with this post.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                  Jack did a more cartoonish fun superficial Joker role . Heath Ledger's Joker transcends the superficial funny murderer aspect, and is an A+ super-villain because of Ledger's great performance that gave the character everything it demanded and more in that movie.
                  ledger's joker was a real person, Nicolson's joker was a cartoon character. If the Joker was real, he'd be heath ledger's version

Comment

They both did well in their respective performances, but I don't think they really capture the theme of the joker.

The Joker is basically a stone cold lunatic. There isn't a bit of sanity left in him. He only exists to cause as much chaos as possible.

To play the joker right the guy has to be absolutely demented. I think Daniel Day Lewis would have played the best Joker.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™
                      Obviously Heath Ledger... anyone saying Nicholson is just going against the grain for the sake of it.

Ledger went so deep into that role he had 90% of hollywood in awe.
                      Does it mean that the 10% in the hollywood just went against the grain for the sake of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X