Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who played the better Joker: Heath Ledger, or Jack Nicholson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
    Jack Nicholson's joker is more similar to the animated tv series, or should I say vice versa as I was writing this I searched and found this:

-The series took influence from Tim Burton's live-action films Batman (1989) and Batman Returns (1992), and the acclaimed Superman theatrical cartoons produced by Fleischer Studios in the early 1940s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:...nimated_Series

Meanwhile Ledger's joker is more similar to the Comics:

-He was also given Batman: The Killing Joke and Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth, which he "really tried to read and put it down."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Knight_(film)

So in the end, Nicholson developed a different indentity for the Joker, while Ledger tried to stay true to its original version. Whose is better? The real answer is: it depends on what the Joker should be like to you.
    Yeah, but everyone other than comic book heads picture the Joker as the JN version. At least I think so.

I grew up on Michael Keaton Batman's, and the animated series. The JN Joker will always be the one I think of Joker as.

And P.S. people. The Dark Knight is a 1 time watch, IMO. Dark Knight Rises and Bane > Dark Knight and Joker.

Comment

Mark Hamill.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        Mark Hamill.

GOAT Joker. Hands down.

Also, GOAT animated comic book series. Hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
          Jack Nicholson's Joker is what I always picture Joker as. Ledger Joker isn't, but he fits into the Dark Knight Series, so I get that.

Really, I'm gonna say 50/50. JN Joker is the one I'm used to, and picture the actual Joker being. Ledger's Joker is the one I can picture in the Dark Knight Series.
          This basically. JN Joker is more Joker, HL Joker is more Dark Knight batman reboot. HL Joker would be out of place in Batman, and JN Joker would have been out of place in Dark Knight.
          Last edited by !! Shawn; 07-02-2014, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Yeah, but everyone other than comic book heads picture the Joker as the JN version. At least I think so.

I grew up on Michael Keaton Batman's, and the animated series. The JN Joker will always be the one I think of Joker as.

And P.S. people. The Dark Knight is a 1 time watch, IMO. Dark Knight Rises and Bane > Dark Knight and Joker.
            if you're talking about for comedic value, then yeah, you're absolutely right. bane's voice and the ridiculous amount of plot holes in that movie trumps anything funny that the joker did in TDK.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
              if you're talking about for comedic value, then yeah, you're absolutely right. bane's voice and the ridiculous amount of plot holes in that movie trumps anything funny that the joker did in TDK.
              I'm talking about replay factor. Dark Knight was a 1 time watch for me. Of course I know that most people prefer Dark Knight with Joker, but I loved Rises better for some reason.

And Bane's voice was awesome to me.

And no, I'm not one of those people that love to go against the grain. I just liked Rises better.

Comment

Clearly...

but Jack is more comic like rendition of the Joker in terms of who fit the role as it was intended.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamMerchant12 View Post
                  Personally, I think it's a tie; Heath's joker brought out the dark & cynical side, but Jack's showed more of the happy-go-lucky and carefree side of the joker, and both did it extremely well. I also feel like if Heath hadn't died so young, people wouldn't write Jack's performance off so quickly but that in no way is discrediting how Heath played the Joker, as he was a beast in it. What do you guys think?

B@tch pleasssse....................

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
                    Clearly...

but Jack is more comic like rendition of the Joker in terms of who fit the role as it was intended.
                    katdamn you......you stole my thunder.....I hate you

Comment

I'm talking about replay factor. Dark Knight was a 1 time watch for me. Of course I know that most people prefer Dark Knight with Joker, but I loved Rises better for some reason.

And Bane's voice was awesome to me.

And no, I'm not one of those people that love to go against the grain. I just liked Rises better.
                      bane's voice was awesome. but let's be real here, the rest of the movie was downright terrible.

gotham's entire police force inside this tunnel? that's a good plan. what could go wrong?

bruce wayne teleports back to gotham.

a medieval style showdown at city hall? LMFAO

but ultimately, you're right. i would watch rises again just to have a good laugh. TDK is the superior movie but i really dislike ledger's joker in it.

Comment

Working...
                      X