Collapse
No announcement yet.

(video) Louisville's Kevin Ware Terrible Leg Injury HD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have ever been injured playing sports, you are sure to feel pain watching the video.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      If you have ever been injured playing sports, you are sure to feel pain watching the video.
      hell yeah, i may think twice now trying to jump as high as before

i play basketball and had several injuries to my hands, ankles, knees but nothing major

once i had 2 of my fingers (forefinger & middle) bent up the other way around

Comment

I saw a similar injury right in front of my face. I used to work at a scaffolding company and we had these frames that weighed about 70lbs a piece. We had to band them together in bundles of 25, so do the math how much a bundle weighed.

Well anyway, this young kid was cutting the banding and you're supposed to cut the 3 banding strips in a certain order because the frames will spring out if you don't do it right. Well he didn't and the whole bundle came down on his leg and the same bone came through his leg.

It wasn't as bad as the pic, the tip of the bone was poking through but it was still bad. He was screaming and went into shock, I had to calm him down and all this came after had to take an emergency certification the week before.

It didn't bother me, it was nasty but I wasn't queezy because of it or anything.

Comment

every time his name is brought up on ESPN first thing I do is grab my knee

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
            hell yeah, i may think twice now trying to jump as high as before

i play basketball and had several injuries to my hands, ankles, knees but nothing major

once i had 2 of my fingers (forefinger & middle) bent up the other way around
            Originally posted by jose830 View Post
            every time his name is brought up on ESPN first thing I do is grab my knee
            I sprained my right ankle five times playing club volleyball and once severed a tendon in my shoulder. I don't remember the pain I felt til I see injuries like this.

Comment

I sprained my right ankle five times playing club volleyball and once severed a tendon in my shoulder. I don't remember the pain I felt til I see injuries like this.
              Ankle sprains are the worst, I also sprained my ankle playing volleyball in a tournament I went up to set and when I came down landed on some guys foot [I] Ouch!!![/]

I think the worst part was sitting with my whole leg submerged inside a tub of ice with freezing water

Comment

It should heal up, they just need to put it back together with some metal pins, rods and screws.

It's a complete fracture, but those happen. Just not always through the skin.

I don't see how it would affect his performance since it was just the shin bone, and it was a clean snap. It should be fully healed within a year.

Edit: That's just by looking at the picture though. If he had any damage done to his joints, then it would be serious.
                Last edited by DARKSEID; 04-02-2013, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
                  It should heal up, they just need to put it back together with some metal pins, rods and screws.

It's a complete fracture, but those happen. Just not always through the skin.

I don't see how it would affect his performance since it was just the shin bone, and it was a clean snap. It should be fully healed within a year.
                  Could affect him in a lot of ways. Even though the bone will heal and be as strong as before, it's the muscles surrounding the bone that are the problem. If he rehabs properly he should be ok but there's still the mental aspect of it he needs to overcome.

Once you break you're leg like that, it can make you very tentative later on.

Comment

That really was sad. I hope he regains his health.

Comment

Here is the Onions List of the worst Sports Injuries. 2006 made me spit out my diet coke!LOL

http://www.theonion.com/articles/mos...adline:default

Onion Sports examines some of the most horrendous and appalling injuries in the history of athletics.
                      • 776 BC: Sprinter Phidias eaten during race by Zeus in the form of a giant crow
                      • 1985: Joe Theismann suffers a career-ending injury after New York Giants linebacker Lawrence Taylor snaps off the quarterback’s leg and holds the bloodied limb aloft for the entire RFK Stadium crowd to behold
                      • February 2001: Daytona 500 fans are horrified after the wildly popular No. 3 car violently slams into a wall at an estimated 155 mph, causing extensive damage that would prevent it from ever racing again
                      • March 2001: Randy Johnson fastball strikes and kills an ostrich that had wandered onto the field
                      • 2003: Vince Carter decapitates Marcus Camby with a vicious windmill dunk
                      • 2006: Boxer Antonio Margarito hits boxer Miguel Cotto right in the face
                      • 2007: Alex Rodriguez dives headfirst into the stands for a ball and, to onlookers’ horror, comes up without a scratch
                      • 2008: Trail Blazers fans watch in horror as Greg Oden’s body completely disintegrates into a bloody mist after stepping on the court for his NBA debut
                      • 2009: After being brushed by an opposing player’s leg, soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo immediately collapses to the ground and is quickly airlifted to a nearby hospital
                      • 2010: Novak Djokovic gets both legs blown off from an old land mine while playing tennis in his native Serbia
                      • 2013: Louisville Cardinals guard Kevin Ware stubs toe while being loaded into ambulance

Comment

Working...
                      X