Violent Crimes per 100,000: 988
    http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/23/mos..._slide_14.html

#2 Memphis
    Violent Crimes per 100,000: 1,218
    http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/23/mos..._slide_15.html

1# Detroit
    Violent Crimes per 100,000: 1,220
    http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/23/mos..._slide_16.html

To determine our list, we used violent crime statistics from the FBI's latest uniform crime report, issued in 2008

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      He faked #4 anyway, it isnt NYC, its Vegas

Comment

Funny how people who have never even stepped foot in Michigan talking about Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          so is Chicago and New York but people can't even afford to buy real estate
          New York is not on the list...not anymore.

80's and 90's definitely.

Here is the 2010 list of the 10 most dangerous states based on FBI stats reported by Forbes magazine

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/efel4...-mich/#content
          Last edited by res; 08-25-2012, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
            Funny how people who have never even stepped foot in Michigan talking about Detroit.
            Google map takes you everywhere............

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              That graph makes no sense, it doesn't tell you how many of anything.
              What are you talking about, you can clearly tell that homicide went down from 110K in 2005 to 76,436 in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                True, I never have. So why don't you tell us about it. You're from Michigan. All the media says the same thing about it. Stats, you believe in stats, I know you do, you know numbers don't lie. So why don't you enlighten the people who are being misled about Detroit and Flint.

Comment

The numbers don't tell the whole story about Detroit. I live downtown and it's bustling with life, especially during hockey, baseball and football seasons. I've walked to several Tigers games at CoMerica park and checked out the Lions when we had a Monday Night Football game here last season. The rent for my cool little studio is dirt cheap. I'd probably pay $1,000 and up for such a nice place in most big cities.

However, you do have to be careful. The crime statistics aren't made up. My car stereo system and GPS were stolen last year while parked downtown and a family member was robbed and murdered in his own home a few weeks back. Life is a tale of two extremes here. You just have to appreciate the positive things the city has to offer and try not to dwell on the negatives.

Comment

Born in Detroit and was raised in Detroit or just miles outside of the city for majority of my life. TBH, although it is home, Detroit isn't nearly that bad. I've never feared for my life or anything like that and I've been through some rough areas for house parties and had a friend that was renting in the highland park area(arguably Detroit's worse or one of its worse areas). A lot of empty lots so as long as you aren't looking for trouble then you're okay. I've actually felt far more threatened in the Bronx and some parts of Chicago when I lived there.

Yes, that house and many other houses in Detroit are dirt cheap but it also is hard to live there. There isn't any jobs in the city(except downtown) and what's worse is Detroit is a food desert. There is no where to really buy food. I believe that there is less than 10 grocery stores in the whole city. It would be very difficult to survive there.

Detroit is a great city and has a lot of stuff to do though. It isn't saying much but the downtown Detroit area ****s on a lot of major cities in America and what's great is a lot of investors are putting money into areas like Corktown to make it trendy and a cool place to be. Detroit gets a bad rep but it isn't nearly as bad as some silly stats make it out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                      Born in Detroit and was raised in Detroit or just miles outside of the city for majority of my life. TBH, although it is home, Detroit isn't nearly that bad. I've never feared for my life or anything like that and I've been through some rough areas for house parties and had a friend that was renting in the highland park area(arguably Detroit's worse or one of its worse areas). A lot of empty lots so as long as you aren't looking for trouble then you're okay. I've actually felt far more threatened in the Bronx and some parts of Chicago when I lived there.

Yes, that house and many other houses in Detroit are dirt cheap but it also is hard to live there. There isn't any jobs in the city(except downtown) and what's worse is Detroit is a food desert. There is no where to really buy food. I believe that there is less than 10 grocery stores in the whole city. It would be very difficult to survive there.

Detroit is a great city and has a lot of stuff to do though. It isn't saying much but the downtown Detroit area ****s on a lot of major cities in America and what's great is a lot of investors are putting money into areas like Corktown to make it trendy and a cool place to be. Detroit gets a bad rep but it isn't nearly as bad as some silly stats make it out to be.
                      ..........Truth

Comment

Working...
                      X