No announcement yet.

Houses in detroit are insanely cheap.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
    Funny how people who have never even stepped foot in Michig1an talking about Detroit.
    LOL I have.. all I can say for the TS is.. is obviously : lol1:..

Dont even attempt to make detroit a nice place to live
    Its four hrs from me.. its a dump.

Comment

It's too cold up their and those people talk funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
        It's too cold up their and those people talk funny.
        We talk funny. In a professional setting people from Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin and Penn. are considered to speak the midwestern accent or general american, which is considered no accent at all. It is the clearest of all accents in America because there isn't an accent to it. That is why so many people on television, like news anchors come from this area and if you aren't from this area you are taught to speak it. Very easy on the ears.

Our "accent" is generally taught to people that are learning English as a second language. For more information here's a quick run down of the funny accent. Maybe people aren't used to no accent at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_American
        Last edited by Check; 08-26-2012, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          Detroit is a food desert. There is no where to really buy food. I believe that there is less than 10 grocery stores in the whole city. It would be very difficult to survive there.
          lol....damn. some post apocalyptic stuff.

what I dont comprehend at times is that I hear all this bad stuff about Detroit, but it has major teams such as the Pistons, the Tigers, and the Lions.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
            lol....damn. some post apocalyptic stuff.

what I dont comprehend at times is that I hear all this bad stuff about Detroit, but it has major teams such as the Pistons, the Tigers, and the Lions.
            i think that a lot of the surrounding areas of detroit are a lot more upscale. that would be the way they'd be able to support sports teams. at least that would be my guess.

Comment

Detroit is a food desert. There is no where to really buy food. I believe that there is less than 10 grocery stores in the whole city. It would be very difficult to survive there
              If that's the case you could pay for the house in a week if you sold food from it.

Comment

We talk funny. In a professional setting people from Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin and Penn. are considered to speak the midwestern accent or general american, which is considered no accent at all. It is the clearest of all accents in America because there isn't an accent to it. That is why so many people on television, like news anchors come from this area and if you aren't from this area you are taught to speak it. Very easy on the ears.

Our "accent" is generally taught to people that are learning English as a second language. For more information here's a quick run down of the funny accent. Maybe people aren't used to no accent at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_American

Kelly Pavlik talks funny, I like hearing him talk, I He's from Ohio, it's funny. You people probably think we in Kentucky talk funny...it's just the eastern part of the state....I cant even understand them at all actully.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                  LOL I have.. all I can say for the TS is.. is obviously : lol1:..

Dont even attempt to make detroit a nice place to live
                  Its four hrs from me.. its a dump.
                  Its 20 minutes from me. Im in and out of Detroit everyday literally. Im not speaking on it from a distance Im speaking from experience.

Its not a dump. Several celebrities have houses in Detroit. There are clean and kept up neighborhoods. New high schools being built etc. There are very nice places in Detroit just like there are places where you can get ****ed up at just like every other major city.

People are acting like its Iraq or something. Its not.
                  Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 08-27-2012, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                    i think that a lot of the surrounding areas of detroit are a lot more upscale. that would be the way they'd be able to support sports teams. at least that would be my guess.
                    Contrary to what everyone believes its not a ghost town with hay and shyt blowing around. Its actually a living breathing city just going through its troubles.

Comment

Check cmon man 10 grocery stores???

Hell by my Aunt there are 5 grocery stores alone. 3 within walking distance.

Comment

Working...
                      X