No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    I try not to care, but the Shae, Asha (Her name is Asha not Yara!), and Tyrion scenes really got to me as a book reader. It's another example of diverging from the books for no reason other than to be different. It doesn't serve to make the story any better for TV.

I'll shut up though, because naturally it is going to be different and I can enjoy it on its own. Still a pretty good episode that leaves me anxiously awaiting next season.
    They're handling the Theon thing especially poorly. The shock would be much greater if they had just let him disappear for a season or two. Now I'm having doubts as to whether or not that plot line will end up following the novels in the slightest. If not, they're going to ruin a big part of what really makes the series as a whole stirring. "Theon. My name is Theon."
    Last edited by Miburo; 06-09-2013, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• good finale, though didn't end with a supernatural cliffhanger like the 1st & 2nd season

Jaime arriving KL at this point made me scratch my head

Comment

• Originally posted by Miburo View Post
        They're handling the Theon thing especially poorly. The shock would be much greater if they had just let him disappear for a season or two. Now I'm having doubts as to whether or not that plot line will end up following the novels in the slightest. If not, they're going to ruin a big part of what really makes the series as a whole stirring. "Theon. My name is Theon."
        they had to keep Alfie Allen active for some point even it's almost more than enough we've seen him getting tortured for the whole season

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
          good finale, though didn't end with a supernatural cliffhanger like the 1st & 2nd season

Jaime arriving KL at this point made me scratch my head
          Why the need to have everybody present at every wedding? First Blackfish at the Red Wedding, now Jaime at Joffrey's wedding Like I said, for the first time every aspect of this entire episode was a deviation from the novels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miburo View Post
            They had to keep Theon in the show. The actor who played Theon was received very well by viewers, and if they didnt sign him for the season he would likely be doing other projects and not be able to come back to the show at all.

edit: someone already answered

Comment

• Tywin a badass as usual, nothing new there.

Glad to see Jamie back home!

Peter Dinkgale always owns his role, great actor.

Cersai just has that "I want you to fuck me raw" face, and I'd love to do it!

Jeoffrey is one sadistic bastard, I love it.

I thought Game of Lannis...err, I mean Thrones, ended on a pretty good note. Beautiful ending with what's her face, the blonde chick with the monster lizards?
              Last edited by _original_; 06-10-2013, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• cant believe they turned the season finale into a 1 hr and 10 minute filler episode.

very disappointing.

although im glad they deviated from the books so we can see more f@g book readers continue to complain about how an adaptation is different from the book.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                  cant believe they turned the season finale into a 1 hr and 10 minute filler episode.

very disappointing.

although im glad they deviated from the books so we can see more f@g book readers continue to complain about how an adaptation is different from the book.
                  You just noted it was a filler episode, then insult people for complaining about the changes. See the irony? The reason it was filler is because they deviated so drastically.

Comment

• Blackfish got away.

Edmure is held in a dungeon, now?

Pretty good season finale. Not great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ether View Post
                      Blackfish got away.

Edmure is held in a dungeon, now?

Pretty good season finale. Not great.
                      There were a lot of weird decisions made. The Shae scene is almost an insult to the intelligence of the viewers. And didn't they have virtually the exact same Tyrion-Cersei scene already ("is this the price for our sins")?

Comment

Working...
                      X