Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The red wedding annoyed me and what you are talking about is really putting oil on the fire.

Comment

• anybody else got a feeling that ser jorah is gonna c*ckblock dario nahaaris by way of murder?

dude is not feeling him. You know how GOT loves foreshadowing. his reaction when danearys asked where dario was when they returned from sacking yunkai and when he grabbed her hand when he was showing them the map is quite telling.

Comment

• I just got the first book and I have to say it's about 10 times better than the show. George Martin is a poet.

I haven't been this intrigued by a book since I was in elementary school reading Lord of the rings.

While Tolkien's fantasy is more childish, this is definitely a book for men. It covers subject matter like war, honor, courage, fear, women, love, family and tragedy, but in a way that's easily relatable.

I understand now why HBO picked up this show, they tried really hard to depict the book accurately but it just doesn't come close. I made up my own faces for all the characters because how they are in the show is not how I picture a lot of them.
        Last edited by DARKSEID; 06-09-2013, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
          I just got the first book and I have to say it's about 10 times better than the show. George Martin is a poet.

I haven't been this intrigued by a book since I was in elementary school reading Lord of the rings.

While Tolkien's fantasy is more childish, this is definitely a book for men. It covers subject matter like war, honor, courage, fear, women, love, family and tragedy, but in a way that's easily relatable.

of course the book is better than the show.

all books are better than any film or tv adaptations because you can include more stuff in it.

Mario Puzo's Godfather is better than the godfather movie. same thing with silence of the lambs, millennium trilogy etc are all better than their film adaptations.

smdh.

Comment

• Anyone know the proper order of the books? Ima start since its gonna be a while till we get season 4...

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
              of course the book is better than the show.

all books are better than any film or tv adaptations because you can include more stuff in it.

Mario Puzo's Godfather is better than the godfather movie. same thing with silence of the lambs, millennium trilogy etc are all better than their film adaptations.

smdh.
              The way martin describes the environment, and the cold, and the winter, and all the emotions, I could see HBO tried their best to bring it to life but it just doesn't come close.

Not all books are better than their counterparts. The movies you mentioned at least came close to the books, Game of thrones the show doesn't come close.

Also, I enjoyed the godather movie more than the book. Performances by Al Pacino, Marlon Brando, Robert Duvall all brought it to life for me, in a way that I could forget my own attachment to their characters.
              Last edited by DARKSEID; 06-09-2013, 01:45 PM.

Comment

The way martin describes the environment, and the cold, and the winter, and all the emotions, I could see HBO tried their best to bring it to life but it just doesn't come close.

Not all books are better than their counterparts. The movies you mentioned at least came close to the books, Game of thrones the show doesn't come close.

Also, I enjoyed the godather movie more than the book. Performances by Al Pacino, Marlon Brando, Robert Duvall all brought it to life for me, in a way that I could forget my own attachment to the characters.
                most books are better than their film/tv adaptations. There are no constraints when you write a book unlike tv/film adaptation where you are somewhat hampered with budgets, running time, and meeting certain guidelines.

That is basic common sense.

Comment

• I got my wine ready, cheese, steak. I'm ready for tonight's final episode.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                    most books are better than their film/tv adaptations. There are no constraints when you write a book unlike tv/film adaptation where you are somewhat hampered with budgets, running time, and meeting certain guidelines.

That is basic common sense.
                    It's not a law. If you watch an adaptation and you liked it, that's not a guarantee you're going to like the book. The majority of people who have the lord of the rings on their top ten movies, would probably never have the attention span to read all the books.

I like the book. And I like it more than the show.

Comment

It's not a law.
                      I didnt say there was a law. why would there be?

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
                      If you watch an adaptation and you liked it, that's not a guarantee you're going to like the book.
                      can you list examples? chances are if you like the screen adaptation you are going to like the book because there are no constraints in the book hence you get more content.

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
                      The majority of people who have the lord of the rings on their top ten movies, would probably never have the attention span to read all the books.
                      being lazy and the book being too long doesnt mean the film adaptation is better than the book.

lmfaaooo

Comment

Working...
                      X