Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Prime Chris Tucker didn't fall off would he have been considered the funniest/greatest comedian of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Eddie Murphy and Sam Kinison were the two funniest comedians I ever heard but then Sam died and Eddie burned out. I think your perception of the all time best has a lot to do with your age during their prime. Rodney Dangerfield was undeniably hilarious too but he was the generation before mine.
    STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Comment

Prime Eddie Murphy (1980s version) was well on his way to that status, then just stopped doing stand up and focus on family movies starting mid 90s like the Nutty Professor.

Chris Tucker, imo, was never near the level of prime Eddie. Hell I wouldn't even rank him above Chris Rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

Yeah, that's how George Lopez is too. He was funny back when he was on his own sitcom, but his stand up is f**king terrible.
        Well he has a new sitcom on NBC now too Lopez vs. Lopez which is pretty popular. You think that one's funny too?

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
          I thought Eddie Murphy and Sam Kinison were the two funniest comedians I ever heard but then Sam died and Eddie burned out. I think your perception of the all time best has a lot to do with your age during their prime. Rodney Dangerfield was undeniably hilarious too but he was the generation before mine.
          He was hilarious without even talking lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
            Prime Eddie Murphy (1980s version) was well on his way to that status, then just stopped doing stand up and focus on family movies starting mid 90s like the Nutty Professor.

Chris Tucker, imo, was never near the level of prime Eddie. Hell I wouldn't even rank him above Chris Rock.
            Facts...... And in my opinion the movie Life is was of the Greatest movies of all time and not just as a comedy movie

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post

Facts...... And in my opinion the movie Life is was of the Greatest movies of all time and not just as a comedy movie

Since this is a boxing forum, my analogy is this:

Richard Pryor=Muhammad Ali
              Eddie Murphy= Ray Robinson
              Chris Rock=Ray Leonard
              Dave Chappelle=Roberto Duran
              Chris Tucker=Tommy Hearns

Comment

Chris Tucker greatest comedian of all time?

Not even close. The premise of this thread is as good of a joke as any he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

Well he has a new sitcom on NBC now too Lopez vs. Lopez which is pretty popular. You think that one's funny too?
                  Never seen it to be honest but I'll check it out sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post

Eddie Murphy Delirious and Raw made me laugh hard.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post

That movie had me confused AF
                      ''Comedy/thriller''

I didn't find it funny and that pissed me off.
                      Eddie and Mar'in and no laughs ?!?!?
                      I was confused AF

Comment

Working...
                      X