No announcement yet.

Gina Carano Sues Disney Over ‘Mandalorian’ Firing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Works for me. Some jobs have unofficial morality clauses. And hell Gina mighta had a legit morality clause working for Disney.

And sh^t a lot of regular ass ppl companies can fire ppl for any reason or no reason these days. What makes Gina or anyone else not deserving of a no fault dismissal assuming its legal in the state of hire, which I believe it is in California.
    I had to sign work contracts here that said I was forbidden from publicly supporting political movements, sharing the inner conflicts among factions… etc….

im a nobody, not public facing, so I can’t imagine a person who is public facing acting the fool.
    Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Lets not act like Gina was just supporting a cause she believed in. She went crazy during covid & was tweeting sh^t all the time & Disney wasn't vibing with that. This aint like a guy working at an auto parts store talking wild sh^t to his 17 followers on twitter after work. Shes a famous person ppl pay attention to & her employer wasn't a fan & probably made an effort to suggest she chill out. She didn't listen. She got fired. Hardly shocking.

And as I said I think CA is an at will employment state so you don't even need to fire someone for a reason at all. So I'm sure some ppl have been fired for blm or abortion sh^t.
      Even in California, there is a list of reasons you can't fire someone. If someone were fired, for instance, for promoting BLM, I think a case would be made that they were fired illegally because of political affiliation.

1bad65 1bad65 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post

Even in California, there is a list of reasons you can't fire someone. If someone were fired, for instance, for promoting BLM, I think a case would be made that they were fired illegally because of political affiliation.
        Disabled ppl are a protected group too so if Gina claims shes r3tarded she might get a nice check outta this.

Idk man. I just think when you are in the public eye esp when you are in the family entertainment sphere you gotta walk a line that she wasn't able to walk & its on her at some point to maintain a certain image.

Like my first example I don't want an OF hoe teaching my kid the same way I don't want an actor on my kids favorite show posting conspiracy theories & talking about Nazis on their social media. Fair play if a girl wants to show her coochie online or talk crazy on twitter but don't be surprised when you are out of a job.
        paulf paulf MoonCheese Marchegiano like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          I had to sign work contracts here that said I was forbidden from publicly supporting political movements, sharing the inner conflicts among factions… etc….

im a nobody, not public facing, so I can’t imagine a person who is public facing acting the fool.
          Similar thing I had to do before. Its not crazy that Gina had sh^t like this in her contract too. I'll be curious to see if she did if this case gets to court.
          Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

I'm a pretty liberal guy and I've never understood the justification for her firing.

She reposted something about the Jewish persecution of the 1940s. She never outright posted or said anything comparing Woke Twitter trying to bully her to the persecution the jews faced.

You shouldn't be vulnerable to being fired because you're not a ****ing leftist.

I hope she wins her lawsuit.

Comment

She fooked up her bag talking all kinds of sh^t. They cut their losses. Few ppl want an actor saying crazy sh^t on twitter all day. If teachers are getting fired for having onlyfans why wouldn't networks be firing actors for saying wild sh^t?
              California law is clear, you cannot be discriminated against by your employer based on your political views.

She didn't "fook up", she simply stated her political views which are protected by law. Disney was stupid enough to not only fire her for that, but they then went and proudly admitted to it.

They're going to lose, and lose big.
              Theodore Theodore likes this.

Comment

Works for me.
                That's because you are a Team D superfan.

Your problem is the law is clear, and Disney violated it.

Ironically, the very laws Ms Carano is suing under were passed by the liberal Democrats that you cheerlead for.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                  I'm a pretty liberal guy and I've never understood the justification for her firing.

She reposted something about the Jewish persecution of the 1940s. She never outright posted or said anything comparing Woke Twitter trying to bully her to the persecution the jews faced.

You shouldn't be vulnerable to being fired because you're not a ****ing leftist.

I hope she wins her lawsuit.
                  Likely will be settled before it ever hits trial

Comment

Working...
                  X