Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alec Baldwin 'discharged' ''prop'' gun........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Yeah hard to suss it out but it sounds like safety protocal was not a priority. You always have to check any weapon...Some people never learn.
    I think that link I posted in my last post explains a lot.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/entertainm...212956451.html

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Actually that "tid bit" was integral to the story... apparently there were issues before, people were advised, some even walked off the set. It does not sound like 20 20 hindsight... this might be very ugly if it is criminally neglegent behavior.
      I have to wonder if that live round was planted. From that link...

Deadline confirms "at least one previous incident involving a misfiring of a weapon that was used days before in a scene."

"A gun had two misfires in a closed cabin," a source claimed. "They just fired loud pops — a person was just holding it in their hands and it went off."

Both outlets report that the film's camera crew walked off the set in protest of their working conditions before the accident.

"Corners were being cut — and they brought in nonunion people so they could continue shooting," a source tells the Los Angeles Times. The paper notes that Hutchins was among those advocating for safer conditions.

One crew member purportedly addressed the walkout in a private Facebook post.

Generally, a prop master or licensed armorer oversees the handling of all weapons that are used on a set. It's unclear at this time who that person was on Rust. IATSE Local 44, a union that covers prop masters, sent an email saying the production's prop master was not a member.

4truth 4truth billeau2 billeau2 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post

I have to wonder if that live round was planted. From that link...

Deadline confirms "at least one previous incident involving a misfiring of a weapon that was used days before in a scene."

"A gun had two misfires in a closed cabin," a source claimed. "They just fired loud pops — a person was just holding it in their hands and it went off."

Both outlets report that the film's camera crew walked off the set in protest of their working conditions before the accident.

"Corners were being cut — and they brought in nonunion people so they could continue shooting," a source tells the Los Angeles Times. The paper notes that Hutchins was among those advocating for safer conditions.

One crew member purportedly addressed the walkout in a private Facebook post.

Generally, a prop master or licensed armorer oversees the handling of all weapons that are used on a set. It's unclear at this time who that person was on Rust. IATSE Local 44, a union that covers prop masters, sent an email saying the production's prop master was not a member.
        Always a possibility... Maybe the Union dispute precipitated such an action.

Comment

Here’s How a Prop Gun Using Blanks Can Still Fire a Fatal Shot
          https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...052227936.html

Comment

How does this even happen in 2021? I mean even if a real gun is used for realism, a quick modification to the barrel to jam the bullet in case someone tries to plant live ammunition shouldn’t be hard at all.

And why are so many people blaming Baldwin? I mean I hate the guy and think he’s a garbage person, but I’m pretty sure he didn’t mean to kill anybody.

Comment

Does nobody remember this similar incident in 1984?

This was forefront in the news that day.

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/22/10482...movie-set-rare

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                Does nobody remember this similar incident in 1984?

This was forefront in the news that day.

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/22/10482...movie-set-rare
                B Lee has bee mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

B Lee has bee mentioned.
                  The incident that I referred to in my link was 7 or 8 years before Brandon Lee. An up and coming star, while on the movie set, shot himself in the head, believing that the blanks in the gun were safe to shoot. Apparently blanks can kill you at close range.

Comment

Willy Wanker Willy Wanker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                      How does this even happen in 2021? I mean even if a real gun is used for realism, a quick modification to the barrel to jam the bullet in case someone tries to plant live ammunition shouldn’t be hard at all.

And why are so many people blaming Baldwin? I mean I hate the guy and think he’s a garbage person, but I’m pretty sure he didn’t mean to kill anybody.
                      The star owns it. Everyone else is an underpaid minion. He's on the hook to make sure everyone is getting treated right at minimum.

He killed someone. Bottom line.
                      Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X