Collapse
No announcement yet.

Read the Bible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont go to church and read the bible anymore, I tried but it made no sense, leaves out alot of details. I think that this book was made to put fear into people's life and try to teach how one should live their life by a type of law. People should not take it the way they do,live their life by it and just because something is not in the bible or something is that doesnt mean that you can and cant do it.

mark my words we have 12 levels to get by, we are on level 4

Comment

I feel no one should ever talk about Bible and God unless they are living a good and correct life. People who do not lead good lives cannot possibly speak of something they do not understand fully. If they understood fully, they would for sure lead good lives. Pure hearts are the only people who truly understand and should ever speak words about God and Bible.

Comment

Im just tired of organized religion using the word of christ for finacial gain. History shows that Jesus was killed for "blasphamy" he denouced the price that it cost to visit the holy areas in jerusalem.

Comment

Originally posted by Winter
          I feel no one should ever talk about Bible and God unless they are living a good and correct life. People who do not lead good lives cannot possibly speak of something they do not understand fully. If they understood fully, they would for sure lead good lives. Pure hearts are the only people who truly understand and should ever speak words about God and Bible.
          Winter,
          I lead a good and correct life but I don't believe in the bible. Can I be a pure heart?

Comment

Originally posted by shawny
            Im just tired of organized religion using the word of christ for finacial gain. History shows that Jesus was killed for "blasphamy" he denouced the price that it cost to visit the holy areas in jerusalem.

Comment

God is a concept by which we measure our pain (john lennon wrote that in his song) what do you think about this? is lennon anti-God?

Comment

lennon was the man. he got alot of **** about his song "imagine". some of his stuff could be considered anti, but so what.

Comment

Is it just the Old Testament and the Gospel that will lead me to a good and pure life?

Can the Koran be used as well?

What about Aesop's fables...they are great morality stories and quite entertaining as well.

What if I am hopelessly altruistic and even occasionally helpful without the aid of a religious text? Do I still go to hell?

Comment

The Bible is The book...ChrististheAnswer you should keep doing what you're doing..no matter what the rest of 'em say.

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh
                      The Bible is The book...ChrististheAnswer you should keep doing what you're doing..no matter what the rest of 'em say.
                      No, the Bible is A book, written by men, nothing more. If you like it, cool. ChristIsTheAwnser needs to learn how to recommend a book without sounding preachy patronising and niave.
                      I dont have a problem with his beliefs, but i dont appreciate him TELLING me to read a book, in order to be SAVED! I cant bet you anything he disagrees with my way of life, because it doesnt follow Christs way. I like the way people from different parts of the world have very different beliefs, and different ways of getting through life. I recpect that. But does ChrisIsTheAwnser recpect people who reject the bible and are good yet people yet aetheists? I dont believe so, but maybe im wrong.
                      It would be nice for him to contribute to the thread he started.

Comment

Working...
                      X