Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training Journal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought new gi today...strapped for cash so just got a generic double weave one local...old one is torn to shreds, but so many memories! Will be a teary farewell when I get around to washing my car with the few decent scraps left.

9 days out from tournament...will train saturday and probably monday...drive friday...

2 or 3 gym sessions in there to

Comment

Good luck seldomtap

Comment

Good luck ST!

Comment

Thanks guys...think I may need it!

Comment

It's time for me to cut some of this extra weight that I have. I have about 30.3 percent body fat and if I want to train harder, it time for it to go. I'm 6,1 and 230 pounds right now. I'm aiming for 200 pounds.

Comment

Gman...your new favourite word should be CARDIO!!

Do you lift much at the moment? If so, keep doing it, a lot of people try to lose weight and stop lifting, therefore, any muscle they had atrophys and they are back to square 1.

Use some variety in your cardio also...swim, run, ride a bike, heavy bag work, spar etc, but try not to get stale, which is easy to do. I know cause I hate cardio and am lucky that I haven't ballooned to about 310!

Also, try to eat limited carbs after say 4pm in the day. Cut down on bread and pasta, go for more lean meats and chicken. Tuna is a good idea to, comes in a can, can't go wrong with it.

Drink ****LOADS of water. Try to drink none or very little coke, pepsi etc.

Good luck

Comment

I cut out all my bad food and lost 20 pounds.... still losing some weight and also lifting more and gaining muscle. Never felt better!!!

Comment

Good **** James...but no before/after pics??? :wink:

I am currently about 235-240, wouldn't hurt to get down to 215...will probably happen when I start Rugby pre season and do lots of road work again :?

Comment

Seldom I'm moving to lock next season by the way. I got to tall. But i'm cutting pop, a lot of the fats that i eat in meats. I plan on getting my protein from nuts and things like that. I train about 4 days a week. So i will be running for about 45 minutes on days i don't train. I lift 3 days a week in the gym at my school. So good bye simple sugars and carbs. I hate to go to the store tommorow after school and buy some new food. Well it's a good think i like yogurt and fruits.

I get off of school in two weeks for a month which should be good. I have time to eat right and not on the run. I'll be posting pictures.

Comment

Sounds like a plan Gman...but remember to keep your iron intake up as you feel dead without it. That is where a lot of vegetarians go wrong and why they can turn grey!

Moving to lock...lucky guy...I played a lot of juniors in the second row, but stopped growing at 6'1" so was told I was too short and moved to the back row!

Am looking at number 8 or blindside breakaway next year

Good luck with it mate!

Comment

Working...
                      X