No announcement yet.

How to train like a real Boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

it's good you research, I just find it hilarious when people talk about explosive weight training when they haven't even bothered to learn how to box or learn boxings tools. As if explosive weight training has ever been proven to work for boxing, theres more evidence of its detriment if anything.
    Please stop spreading outdated misinformation. I know weights, when properly used, work for boxing because I've used them and they made me a better fighter.

Squats, deadlifts, bench press and overhead press are tremendously beneficial for boxers. Pull ups, push ups lunges etc are great supplementary exercises.

You will not gain mass unless you eat for mass and train with appropriate volume.

That's why in a boxing strength session the volume is kept low. 3-5 sets of 3-5 reps, of 3-5 exercises

Twice per week. Combine with explosive work like med ball throws etc

Comment

Originally posted by TheReadyTimeBoy View Post

Please stop spreading outdated misinformation. I know weights, when properly used, work for boxing because I've used them and they made me a better fighter.

Squats, deadlifts, bench press and overhead press are tremendously beneficial for boxers. Pull ups, push ups lunges etc are great supplementary exercises.

You will not gain mass unless you eat for mass and train with appropriate volume.

That's why in a boxing strength session the volume is kept low. 3-5 sets of 3-5 reps, of 3-5 exercises

Twice per week. Combine with explosive work like med ball throws etc
      this isnt outdated information at all, rather that updated information is absolute bull****. sorry. its not about gaining mass either its about performing limited movement exsersizes that tighten your muscles up because thats what lifting does and requires.

Believe me, anyone who thinks weight lifting actually benefits boxing is just drifting by on that foolish untested territory or looking ripped vs actually performing well. Weights never made a definitive mark on boxing, no boxing ever improved from a weight lifting routine, EVER.

This entire post is basically about calling out these clown trainers who promote weight lifting. How is weight lifting in any way shape or form beneficial to boxing? anyone who lifts telegraphs their punches for sure. you cant be loose and smooth.

Last edited by them_apples; 02-28-2021, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

this isnt outdated information at all, rather that updated information is absolute bull****. sorry. its not about gaining mass either its about performing limited movement exsersizes that tighten your muscles up because thats what lifting does and requires.

Believe me, anyone who thinks weight lifting actually benefits boxing is just drifting by on that foolish untested territory or looking ripped vs actually performing well. Weights never made a definitive mark on boxing, no boxing ever improved from a weight lifting routine, EVER.

This entire post is basically about calling out these clown trainers who promote weight lifting. How is weight lifting in any way shape or form beneficial to boxing? anyone who lifts telegraphs their punches for sure. you cant be loose and smooth.
        I agree. I roll my eyes when trainers promote weight training for boxers.

Comment

Working...
        X