No announcement yet.

Whey Protein Concentrate vs Isolate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaded View Post
    If you train hard...if you do bodybuilding workouts you will need more protein than an average guy or even an average guy who works out to repair your muscles and grow...this is true. But nowhere near the amount that the health food industry promotes and for most people it is doable through their diet alone.
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/stayi...rotein-powders

Comment

harvard.edu makes you logon in order to read their reports (I hate that). The thing about all health food supplements is that the industry lobbied government a long time ago to enable them to not have to list ingredients of anything as long as they use the term "Proprietary Blend" (a loop hole they created) on the the label so you really never know what you are buying. Too much protein is very hard on your kidneys...that's for sure. Also acids burn tissue...and over acidifying your body (amino acids) causes further inflammation to inflamed tissue. You can buy bulk amino acids (I once did looking to save money) thinking I'd just mix it up and drink it. That's when you realize how strong an acid it is. It's not possible to do what I thought I would do and luckily was able to return it. You'd have to cap it...but just trying what I did makes you realize what you are putting into your body.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
        In this obese world, which person isn’t hitting enough protein through their normal diet?
        You go ahead and eat a burger right after a workout then. Then rest of us will have a shake and laugh at goofs like you who are obsessed with what other people are doing.

I've gone with and without post workout shakes and recovery is so much better with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          You go ahead and eat a burger right after a workout then. Then rest of us will have a shake and laugh at goofs like you who are obsessed with what other people are doing.

I've gone with and without post workout shakes and recovery is so much better with them.
          Who mentioned burgers?

I will eat a grilled chicken and laugh at people like you spending a lot of money on protein. powder which is the waste product of making cheese which you sh|t out.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
            Who mentioned burgers?

I will eat a grilled chicken and laugh at people like you spending a lot of money on protein. powder which is the waste product of making cheese which you sh|t out.
            Sure you do. Lol. Which is why you spammed this thread. Why you neg repped my post. Why you're raging angry. All because no one believes or listens to you.

You know who else gets loud, repeats themselves, and throws a tantrum when they feel like they're not being heard? Children.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Sure you do. Lol. Which is why you spammed this thread. Why you neg repped my post. Why you're raging angry. All because no one believes or listens to you.

You know who else gets loud, repeats themselves, and throws a tantrum when they feel like they're not being heard? Children.
              Read and weep

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy...lements-facts/

Comment

Working...
              X