No announcement yet.

Whey Protein Concentrate vs Isolate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whey Protein Concentrate vs Isolate

I was taking ON Whey Gold Standard but thinking about Switching for Isolate one (ISOpure). Is it a good idea. i just an article and they claim Isolate is better than Concentrate Is it true ?

N.B: I am planing to gain some lean muscle
    Last edited by uslittleboy1; 11-12-2019, 12:55 PM.

Originally posted by uslittleboy1 View Post
    I was taking ON Whey Gold Standard but thinking about Switching for Isolate one (ISOpure). Is it a good idea. i just an article and they claim Isolate is better than Concentrate Is it true ?

N.B: I am planing to gain some lean muscle
    Protein supplements are the biggest scam in the fitness industry.

Comment

Whey protein definitely made a difference for me. However, I recommend "un-denatured". Of the dozens of whey brands I tried, undenarured types digested the easiest (zero discomfort or bloating) and helped with recovery the best. Muscle Blend brand is really good, and has good bulk prices.

I've actually switched to beef collagen protein this year to see how that goes. Not that I had any problem with with undenatured whey. I just like to try everything and see what works best for me.

Comment

Isolate is supposed to absorb quicker, as I understand it. Gotta agree with Redd Foxx above: try everything you can and find what works for YOU. Everyone's body chemistry has tiny variations and nuances, so what works for one person might not necessarily work for another.

Comment

Protein hype: shoppers flushing money down the toilet, say experts

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...et-say-experts

Comment

Here's a worthwhile read...

https://legionathletics.com/how-much-protein-do-i-need/

There was a time when I consumed massive amounts of of protein powder. Then one day a huge bodybuilder who told me he used to do the same and when he stopped doing so nothing changed. It probably took me a few more years before I'd put what he said to the test and found the same to be true. I have been training regularly for the last 25 years (and off and on for even longer). I gave up protein powder about 15-20 years ago...just high quality food and reached my peak strength and size some years after I stopped using it. I've literally pissed enough protein down the toilet to have bought a very decent used car. Lou Ferrigno ate 150 grams of protein at 270 pounds...no protein powder although he was paid to endorse it (a least that's the story I keep reading). Protein powder is a huge money maker for the industry and really hyped. It's an acceptable substitute if you can't get a proper meal in once in a while for whatever reason but personally I don't think it's necessary. I remember once watching a Hodgson twins video where one of the brothers is referencing how in prison there are some really big guys and he said "Do you think he's taking branch chain amino acids in prison? He's eating really crappy cheap food". Stop and think about that for a minute.

Comment

Whey is good if you are on a caloric deficit and want to help maintain muscle mass, or a good way to get protein in quickly after a workout.

If you are eating a large amount of protein in your food or a large amount of calories in general then adding a whey smoothie is going to be a waste of money.

Buy grassfed whey, I never really found much of a difference between concentrate and isolate personally.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                Here's a worthwhile read...

https://legionathletics.com/how-much-protein-do-i-need/

There was a time when I consumed massive amounts of of protein powder. Then one day a huge bodybuilder who told me he used to do the same and when he stopped doing so nothing changed. It probably took me a few more years before I'd put what he said to the test and found the same to be true. I have been training regularly for the last 25 years (and off and on for even longer). I gave up protein powder about 15-20 years ago...just high quality food and reached my peak strength and size some years after I stopped using it. I've literally pissed enough protein down the toilet to have bought a very decent used car. Lou Ferrigno ate 150 grams of protein at 270 pounds...no protein powder although he was paid to endorse it (a least that's the story I keep reading). Protein powder is a huge money maker for the industry and really hyped. It's an acceptable substitute if you can't get a proper meal in once in a while for whatever reason but personally I don't think it's necessary. I remember once watching a Hodgson twins video where one of the brothers is referencing how in prison there are some really big guys and he said "Do you think he's taking branch chain amino acids in prison? He's eating really crappy cheap food". Stop and think about that for a minute.
                That’s the truth.

Ask any doctor, do I need whey protein. They will ask, do you ingest about 50grams per day through food.

If the answer is Yes, no more protein is needed, any more will be p|ssed or sh@t out.

Biggest Scam in the fitness industry.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
                  Whey is good if you are on a caloric deficit and want to help maintain muscle mass, or a good way to get protein in quickly after a workout.

If you are eating a large amount of protein in your food or a large amount of calories in general then adding a whey smoothie is going to be a waste of money.

Buy grassfed whey, I never really found much of a difference between concentrate and isolate personally.
                  In this obese world, which person isn’t hitting enough protein through their normal diet?

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
                    That’s the truth.

Ask any doctor, do I need whey protein. They will ask, do you ingest about 50grams per day through food.

If the answer is Yes, no more protein is needed, any more will be p|ssed or sh@t out.

Biggest Scam in the fitness industry.
                    If you train hard...if you do bodybuilding workouts you will need more protein than an average guy or even an average guy who works out to repair your muscles and grow...this is true. But nowhere near the amount that the health food industry promotes and for most people it is doable through their diet alone.
                    Last edited by jaded; 11-13-2019, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X