This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
    I like rope pushdowns for triceps. I was having some pain in my elbow on them, though. I adjusted my grip. Still use an overhand grip, but I bend my wrists back, now my palms kind of face straight ahead instead of facing down. I can lockout with no elbow pain at all.

Also love close grip bench. I feel like it's the absolute best workout for tri's.
    I like close grip bench too but the reason I switched is because I don't like to do the same exercises every 12 week program so tried db kick backs and don't feel it is as effective as close grip bench or skull crushers.

Comment

• National Chest Day, is my leg day.

Started off with lunges (with 70lb barbell) in the aerobics room. It's 15 good steps each way. 4 sets (120 steps).

Then we went to squats. I felt like the weight was going up a lot smoother today. Normally, I start my leg days off with squats. I guess to "get them out of the way". Maybe I'll start warming up with lunges in the future. Or maybe it's in my head. Or maybe I'm *gasp* getting a little stronger. Warmed up at 135. Did a set of 225, and 2 sets of 275. 275 went up pretty easy, though I'm not getting as deep as I probably should be. I go as low as I can without sacrificing form. Once I feel my form going, I go back up. I'd rather be doing semi-light weight next week, than laid up in the bed doing nothing.

Then 4 sets of leg press, extensions, lying leg curls, hamstring curls, and seated calf raises.

I'll spend tomorrow crawling.

Kill it, gentlemen.

Comment

• I decided to starts deadlifts again but I am going to be very careful and not go too heavy. Since I am not going that heavy I am going to do this in a slow static training manner.

Comment

• Going to have to buy one of those stronger standard bars as I have all 1" diameter plates, most of the bars for this are rated at 250lbs but I have had 300 on before. They have one that is rated at 1100lbs which is $225 which I am not paying for just one bar but I just need one that will be rated to hold up around 500.

Comment

• I am going to see how much it is for the steel company a few blocks from my house to either make me a custom barbell for standard plates that is stronger than commercial CAP stuff you buy or modify the bar I have already so it can handle at least 400lbs without a bend.

York in the UK has a "beefy" bar rated at 350lbs but users say they have had 400lbs on it that is cheap enough but the shipping from there is twice as much as the $40 bar itself.

Comment

• Started doing deadlifts today after years of not doing them, its been more than 5 years since I have. Right now I am using lighter weights to get the technique right and am performing the movement very slowly so I do feel it in the hamstrings and lower back a little too. I should have recorded and watched it after which I will do next week to see what I need to work on in terms of form before moving up heavier in weight.

Right now I am watching videos on technique though now this one seems about right and well explained short and to the point.

Comment

• Spending the 4th of july the only way I know how. Moving some heavy ass iron in the gym

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                  Spending the 4th of july the only way I know how. Moving some heavy ass iron in the gym
                  That's dedication right there

Comment

• Didn't know this thread existed, nice.

Leg day today (legs twice per week), so close to hitting 1000lbs on the leg press; got 975 for 5 today, last time I tried 1000 I got stuck at the bottom of the first rep - Still, 5 sets of that ended with a mega strip set all the way down to 150lbs is a quad killer.

Back tomorrow, my favourite day; Deadlifts and heavy rows do the back good. World Cup season, have to sport the Hulk jersey.

Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 07-06-2014, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• ran 3 miles this morning, my second week of running with my son...feeling great and motivated to do more. hopefully by the end of the month i will be up to 5-6 miles

Comment

Working...
                      X