Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After around an hour, test levels start dropping and cortisol starts rising, preventing gains. At around 2 hours, you're basically making no gains at all. You'll build up some muscular endurance doing those marathon sessions, though.

More isn't always better, Larry.

Comment

• I'd like to think I'll be happy when I hit 315, but I won't be.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
        dont overdo it

most injuries come from people overdoing it

you have the dedication, commitment and mentality to want to improve but discipline is also key
        Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
        After around an hour, test levels start dropping and cortisol starts rising, preventing gains. At around 2 hours, you're basically making no gains at all. You'll build up some muscular endurance doing those marathon sessions, though.

More isn't always better, Larry.
        Originally posted by johnm is...
        Ha.

It's the truth, though. It just makes no sense to be in the gym for that long.

That's not broscience, though. That's just science. Like, the real kind.
        yea i feel ya'll but once i get in the gym it is hard to leave..plus i do 30 minutes of Cardio at the end so that counts for some of the time.....

Comment

• Question..how much do ya'll eat a day and how often??? since i been working out hard i seem to n ot have much of an appetite anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX
            Thats what i try to do...but i end up on the bench everyday..lol trying to get my weight up..been doing the 5*5 and pyramiding
            The bench press is the exercise that causes most injuries .

Make sure your form is good and you are not going heavy sacrificing form

Comment

• Larry, if you want to get your bench up, squats and deadlifts will do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                Question..how much do ya'll eat a day and how often??? since i been working out hard i seem to n ot have much of an appetite anymore
                Right now I'm eating 300 grams of carbs, 225 grams of protein, and 70 grams of fat per day.

Find someone that can calculate your macronutrients based on your goals. Or just google a macro calculator and do it yourself. Won't be perfect, but it'll get you close.

Comment

• Had a good back workout today. Shoulder's been messed up for a few weeks. Trying to get over it. Probably gonna go Friday and see about getting a shot in it to speed up the process a bit.

Rack pulled for the first time today. Got 405 at the end of my sets. Pretty happy with it. I've only been deadlifting for a short amount of time. It's definitely helping.

Comment

• Did arms, abs and cardio this morning...going later for legs and more abs and cardio

Comment

• Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                      Had a good back workout today. Shoulder's been messed up for a few weeks. Trying to get over it. Probably gonna go Friday and see about getting a shot in it to speed up the process a bit.

Rack pulled for the first time today. Got 405 at the end of my sets. Pretty happy with it. I've only been deadlifting for a short amount of time. It's definitely helping.

Comment

Working...
                      X