No announcement yet.

Run Times

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
    Tonight I've just beat my previous best 3 and 4 mile times. The 3 mile time was a PB enroute to the 4 mile time:

3 miles: 17:45

4 miles: 23:38
    Those are pretty ridiculous. Are you a skinny dude?

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      Sugarj has to be an athlete or something because those times are very low.

I mean, damn...when I was running last night I was thinking, "Well, maybe if I get in better condition I could shave about a minute off of my mile run, but even then...I don't think I'd be able to beat that insane 2 mile run time attack.

The funny thing is that I don't smoke or drink. I have no excuse. I need to get my ass in shape.

Comment

This threads good for me average compared to some i've heard of .I've heard of and met some whippets

Personal best road times
        1.5 mile 9.28
        3 mile 21.18 is the best I can remember
        4.5 mile 33.15 and tbh was a hard hard aggressive pase .I don't know if I can still run that
        10 mile treadmill about 70 80 minutes I cant really remember i've not ran them in a good while

Road runs are my best efforts .Had to dig very deep

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
          1 mile: 5:21
          2 miles: 11:49
          3 Mile: 17:57
          4 mile: 24:04
          5 mile: 30:12
          10 mile: 65:05

Ironically these are all training times, I tend to race 10Ks. The 1 mile, 4 mile and 5 mile times were done in the last few weeks. The 3 mile was a personal best enroute to the 4 mile 24:04. I'd beat all these times under race conditions, but no one ever organises a 2 or 3 mile race etc!

The 2 mile and 10 mile times were done months ago. I think I'd knock a fair bit off both those times now.

I've done many a 12 mile training run, but not a time trial. I think I'd see sub 77 mins in my current form for that distance.
          holy **** that's hell fast lol

Comment

1 mile in 9 mins. I'm throwing up afterwards.

Comment

Did the 6 mile run again just there - EXACT same time! Must have slacked off in the middle because i sprinted the last i dunno 200m each end, thought id be quicker!

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                Not really, I'd be a light middleweight in Boxing terms. 5 ft 9 and a pound or two under 11 stone.

A few of the best local runners are a fair bit quicker, one guy I went to school with can pass the four mile mark in under 20 mins!! But he does compete overseas........

Comment

Originally posted by moneymayforever View Post
                  holy **** that's hell fast lol

Cheers bud, the times aren't considered fast for running circles though.

An amateur boxing coach once recommended to me that he likes his boxers to be able to run three miles in 18 minutes. He thinks that is a good yardstick for the performance demands of an amateur fight.

It took me a fair few months to get there........

Comment

saw this thread last night and thought that i'd just show off my badge, below.

if i'm just doing one mile, i can ride that out in about 5 mins; the 2 lets say 11 - my 5k is about 18 the 4 miler would tack on another 6 minutes @ 24. my 10 miler i'm running in 67 minutes and my 15 miler (don't have a 12 mile route) i do in 104 minutes give or take a couple of mins depending on wind.

does anyone use mapmyrun.com and want to share routes?

triggerhappy, come in here and get your splooge on ^ :wank:

Comment

oh, and saucony for the win, always.

Comment

Working...
                      X