Collapse
No announcement yet.

Run Times

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post your Run Times for various distances in here. these are from my imap, not my best times, just recent ones

2mile: 15:23
    3mile: (3.2)- 22:08
    5mile: 42:07
    10mile: 96:20
    12mile: never ran 12 miles.....

right now i try to keep everything under 9 minute miles for longer distance. usually I run a 10k for training 3 x a week plus a sprint day and sometimes I switch it up. by february, I"ll be running 7 miles on those days and want to go up a mile a month until the blazing hot sofla summer, when I'll prob go back down the 1 hr runs cuz i run in the heat. no treadmill times there.

i know I can do a low 6 mile cuz i ran the last half mile of my 6 miles yesterday under 6:20 the whole time. felt good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      Meh that all!? Barn you just took the Jam out of my Dohnut!
      bullshi t. that's a good run.

Comment

It is a wonderful discussion and i really like this topic. Running is my favorite activity. I do 30 minutes running daily. I will post here my running times about distance soon.

Comment

Are you throwing punches and **** while running these miles?

I guess what I should say is, are you just concentrating on your running and not incorporating anything else on all these times?

Are you running up hill? At altitude? on a track?

Those just look like some awesome times to me

Comment

Originally posted by snakehandler7 View Post

I guess what I should say is, are you just concentrating on your running and not incorporating anything else on all these times?

I dont throw punches. Ill keep my earmuffs on for long stretches and i throw in some intervals at about 50-75%. then sometimes i dont.

Just switch it up. Plus always a sprint day/agility day.

I run out side, park, beach, streets, wherever. Unfortunately there isnt a real hill in all of south florid.

Comment

Originally posted by snakehandler7 View Post

Nah no punching or nothing like that just a run. I vary my runs but its always outside now, the only time i use a tredmill is when im holding 20-25k disks by my sides - feel like a tool running about outside like that!

My shorter runs are pretty flat with some gradients but my long runs have some hills, i often run the cliffs but there are only a few hills even there

Times aside i do like to do a bit of stair running and hill sprints but when im done my legs are shot and if i tried to continue a timed run it would be embarrassing....

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                1 mile: 5:21
                2 miles: 11:49
                3 Mile: 17:57
                4 mile: 24:04
                5 mile: 30:12
                10 mile: 65:05

Ironically these are all training times, I tend to race 10Ks. The 1 mile, 4 mile and 5 mile times were done in the last few weeks. The 3 mile was a personal best enroute to the 4 mile 24:04. I'd beat all these times under race conditions, but no one ever organises a 2 or 3 mile race etc!

The 2 mile and 10 mile times were done months ago. I think I'd knock a fair bit off both those times now.

I've done many a 12 mile training run, but not a time trial. I think I'd see sub 77 mins in my current form for that distance.

Tonight I've just beat my previous best 3 and 4 mile times. The 3 mile time was a PB enroute to the 4 mile time:

3 miles: 17:45

4 miles: 23:38

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                  Post your Run Times for various distances in here. these are from my imap, not my best times, just recent ones

2mile: 15:23
                  3mile: (3.2)- 22:08
                  5mile: 42:07
                  10mile: 96:20
                  12mile: never ran 12 miles.....

right now i try to keep everything under 9 minute miles for longer distance. usually I run a 10k for training 3 x a week plus a sprint day and sometimes I switch it up. by february, I"ll be running 7 miles on those days and want to go up a mile a month until the blazing hot sofla summer, when I'll prob go back down the 1 hr runs cuz i run in the heat. no treadmill times there.

i know I can do a low 6 mile cuz i ran the last half mile of my 6 miles yesterday under 6:20 the whole time. felt good.
                  I haven't taken times for a lot of runs, but the few times I have, I've done good, I think.

I know for a fact that the furthest I've ever ran was 6 miles and I cleared that in an hour (give or take 3 minutes).

But that's not very common for me to do that 6 mile run. I only do it when I go to a friend's house out of boredom.

Walk six miles, hang out, eat, play some games, then I run back the six miles I came during the evening. Feels great. It's a good cure for insomnia.

When I don't do that, I just do a three mile run around 35-40 minutes. Again, I don't have the exact times, but I'm going for a run now and I'll be back to tell you.

Those times you posted are very good. 10 miles is insane...I hope I'm able to do that some day.

Comment

I just came back from running. I was able to clock my first mile at 6:23. Bleh...is that bad?

I then walked half a mile...and did another mile in 6:46. Walked a mile, then tried another one and finished at 6:43.

Tired. I usually jog...I don't go for personal bests and whatnot. Now I'm hungry as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
                      I haven't taken times for a lot of runs, but the few times I have, I've done good, I think.

I know for a fact that the furthest I've ever ran was 6 miles and I cleared that in an hour (give or take 3 minutes).

But that's not very common for me to do that 6 mile run. I only do it when I go to a friend's house out of boredom.

Walk six miles, hang out, eat, play some games, then I run back the six miles I came during the evening. Feels great. It's a good cure for insomnia.

When I don't do that, I just do a three mile run around 35-40 minutes. Again, I don't have the exact times, but I'm going for a run now and I'll be back t
                      o tell you.

Those times you posted are very good. 10 miles is insane...I hope I'm able to do that some day.

I did the 10 miles once. I think it was this novemeber, first cool evening of the year. I was gonna try and blow thru 5, but idk what happened, i ran 2 extra laps in my park and this cat i kinda compete with at the park shows up and tells me while we're running that he did 7 laps (1.5 mi each). I just talked wit him and ran one more then home and stopped and it was right at 10.

Runnin the mile then walking then running the walking (interval training is great for you (6 minute range is perfect). I try to spend some days doing intervals too.

If i were you and i was doing that walk id throw in some sprints. Sprint 2 blocks, walk 2 for 1.5-2 miles, then run 1-2 nice leisurely 10-12 minute miles.

Great for fighting workouts.

Another thing ive noticed is that when i take new routes, i do better times.

Comment

Working...
                      X