Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's fighter style do you try to emulate? or whats your own style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh
    I'm a southpaw as well. I like keeping my hands up at all times, like Hopkins or Mayweather, and I like leading with a right hook (like Jones with the left hook..) I also like doing multiple jabs while stepping in (like De La Hoya) I'm still developing my straight left, since I'm not left handed, but I think I can do damage, I'm very accurate with it....I want to learn how to move and counter like Whitaker..
    question: if you're not left-handed, why do you fight south paw?

Comment

when i box/spar i like to use eiter de la hoya's style or holyfields

Comment

my favorite boxer is Kosta Tsyu. I think he is good all around. The thunder from down under has shown his power and boxing skills when he fought Zab Judat.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyl-G
          my personal favorite style was when roy jones fought vinny panzienza and jabbed constantly and countered with left hooks and completely sealed his eye shut.
          I like mayweather jr.'s defense. I think it's one of the best, maybe along with james toney.

Comment

Originally posted by rsl
            You know what 's funny I see alot of posts that has RJJ all over it and guys, I must say that I thought you guys were smarter than that, Roy is an exciting athlete to watch, but to emulate his "style" is downright stupid, y'all have seen what happened to him in his last two fights. I think he's one of the worse fighters to pick stuff up from, the reality is none of us have or is close to his Royness's athletic ability and if someone tries the stuff that Roy does like lead w/ a hook or straight punch and have our hands down, against a guy that knows what they're doing, somebody will endup picking up their tooth or more off the floor.
            How do you know that none of us have athletic ability that is close to roy jones'? maybe some of us do but we haven't showed it to the world yet

Comment

well guys here is my style: im orthodox so i keep my hands just under my eyes close to my head, i like to jab and i usually through 2-7 punches in flurrys. you could say i use Hopkin's style of stance but prob like ali's style of throwing punches

Comment

Originally posted by Dyl-G
                why dont you box no more?
                Read the thread "worst boxing experiance" by me and you will know.

Comment

Originally posted by simeraksou
                  question: if you're not left-handed, why do you fight south paw?
                  It may sound funny to you, but I just can't move as effective with my left foot in front (orthodox stance)..
                  It's not because I'm a one-armed wonder or something, I use both hands, it's just the whole movement thing.
                  Last edited by jack_the_rippuh; 12-10-2004, 03:20 PM.

Comment

its best to learn the basics first before you try to emulate Ali or sugar ray leonard, both those guys had amazing athletic ability that let them get away with bad habits like keeping their hands down. Not everyone is blessed with their amazing quickness. so learn the basics first then if you find you have the same gifts as your idols then throw in some if their traits.

Comment

Hopkins style is a almost copybook. Hes style is a great example for up and coming fighters wanting to adopt a good boxing technique. An individuals speed, build, strength and athletic background, helps make their style. A short stocky guy, may adopt a more bob and weave style like iron Mike. But a tall fast athletic guy , may adopt a technique similar to Mundineor Hopkins.

Comment

Working...
                      X