Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's fighter style do you try to emulate? or whats your own style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we are emulating though not copying, i incorporate Roys strategies and boxing styles into my own its like the difference between an architect and a designer. an architect will tell you this is how your house is going to be built and a designer will work with you to customize your house and give you tips. i do this even though i am no where close to any professionals athlectic ability but you learn a lot if you pay attention (i.e. : "watch and learn")

Comment

re

You should emulate the boxer who's body type and athleticism that most closely resembles your own.

IF you have fast feet, fast hands, long arms, skinny legs, and good athleticism then you can emulate RJJ's fighting style.

If you have slow feet, slow hands, average arms, thick legs, and no athleticism then you can emulate John Ruiz's fighting style.

Comment

I think the benefit of Roy Jones's style is (or was in his prime) the psychological impact it had on opponents. He would do things that completely exposed him to open shots, but he used his athleticism to show that they were merely traps for opponents to get caught in. Leading with hooks and straights make for a very unpredictable fighter, but few people possess the athleticism to use such tactics to the advantage like he did.

Some of the fighters i try to emulate are guys like Manny Pacquiao who exhibits incredible footwork, some devastating 1-2s, and can fight pretty well from both stances (i do pretty much nothing but orthodox, though). Also some of Fernando Vargas's more recent fights showed a lot sound technical skill, but i kind of like the charge-forward streetfight style of guys like Mayorga too. I also love the footwork in the early Ali fights, theres nothing quite like it.

I try to emulate parts of the styles of a lot of guys mentioned in earlier posts as well. One thing ive really been focusing on recently is developing good counter-punching techniques.

Comment

different styles for different moments
          i like doing
          some dlh snapping dat jab "course dont look nothin like his"
          some rjj leaden left hooks
          some barrera calm tactical break down of the other fighter
          and ofcourse theres more too
          but those are the main ones

Comment

Good question id say my style is a bit like marciano` , good left uppercut and overhand right, but i got a lot better reach so i do good straights and jabs as well.

I like wlad and vit style, few see the beauty in Vit`s style.
            I also like tyson, frazier, LL and Foreman`s style

Comment

the style i most love is James Toney's, but i'm a lot less talented of a fighter, i don't think i'll ever get that style down, but i ain't giving up just yet. when i'm in shape, which is not now, i'm a swarmer

Comment

Anybody use Bruce Lee's style?

Comment

Who's fighter style do you try to emulate? or whats your own style?

I try to emulate floyd mayweather jr's style or muhammad ali....I like floyd's defense and left hook and ali's premise of floating like a butterfly and stinging like a be...But I fight like wayne braithwaite....

I took this gif from one of the members, I apologize, but this is how I like to get down...
                  Last edited by Mr. Untouchable; 11-22-2004, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rsl
                    You know what 's funny I see alot of posts that has RJJ all over it and guys, I must say that I thought you guys were smarter than that, Roy is an exciting athlete to watch, but to emulate his "style" is downright stupid, y'all have seen what happened to him in his last two fights. I think he's one of the worse fighters to pick stuff up from, the reality is none of us have or is close to his Royness's athletic ability and if someone tries the stuff that Roy does like lead w/ a hook or straight punch and have our hands down, against a guy that knows what they're doing, somebody will endup picking up their tooth or more off the floor.

we seen what happen to him in his last fights but to forget about what happen in his 48 other fights is whats really stupid

and we know roy at his best was unbeatable
                    and the roy style we like is not him on the ropes taking punches and taking his opponent unlikely

we liek and emulate the way roy was able to punch with tremdous speed and power at any angle and land and move before his opponent was able to launch a counter attack

thats what i like and love about hsi style and he showed he can do that from middle to heavyweight

and it took 15 years before someone could beat him

and everytime roy lsot(2 times) it was because he wasnt doing what made him great and lookign past his opponent

i thought you was smarter than that

Comment

Originally posted by Dyl-G
                      we are emulating though not copying, i incorporate Roys strategies and boxing styles into my own its like the difference between an architect and a designer. an architect will tell you this is how your house is going to be built and a designer will work with you to customize your house and give you tips. i do this even though i am no where close to any professionals athlectic ability but you learn a lot if you pay attention (i.e. : "watch and learn")

i agree
                      i knwo i said i try and use his strengths not his weakness
                      i dont copy roy but i encorporate some of his tactics

Comment

Working...
                      X