Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's fighter style do you try to emulate? or whats your own style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh
    Anybody use Bruce Lee's style?
    thatd be coo but you cant kick no one in boxing but his footwork would be a nice thing to take note of

Comment

bruce used his hands more than his footwork

and he would have been a great boxer

its stories of him sparring with joe louis and joe not being able to touch him at all
      and bruce countering everything the man threw at him

bruce wasnt limited to his feet his whole pholosphy was to be fluid and not limited

so his hands were as deadly as his feet

i would love ot master the 1 inch punch and do it in boxing
      people would think everyone was taking dives for me because they jsut fell out of nowhere

Comment

I don't box anymore, but when I daydream I emmulate Ali, tyson,
        and foreman.

Comment

why dont you box no more?

Comment

those stories are wrong. Joe Louis would rip Bruce Lee apart. I'm tired of these stupid Bruce Lee myths. Does anyone think a 130 lb super featherweight woudl beat up a heavyweight? No! and those featherweights Fight for A LIVING. they've fought infinitely more times than Bruce has. Bruce has barely fought in comparison. And i'm done even talking about this. Trust me, a world class boxer rips apart a martial artist. i'm a second degree black belt, and I also like boxing. I have some experience in this.

Comment

Im a fan of Bruce Lee and boxing so i am not going to start coming out with nonsense like Bruce lee would have beat the crap out of this guy and all that crap.
              Bruce said it himself the big guy will always beat the little guy but he said as long as the small guy shows courage and heart then the big guy will always respect him for it. Thats not an exact quote. Bruce used to watch boxing alot. Sandy Saddler, Willy Pep. He liked Gene Tunney and also Marciano. Then there was the fantasy fight between him and Ali. Bruce was qouted as saying Ali would have killed him. Bruce new his limitations maybe thats why he didnt fight competively.

Comment

Muhammad Ali and Roy Jones Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5
                  we seen what happen to him in his last fights but to forget about what happen in his 48 other fights is whats really stupid

and we know roy at his best was unbeatable
                  and the roy style we like is not him on the ropes taking punches and taking his opponent unlikely

we liek and emulate the way roy was able to punch with tremdous speed and power at any angle and land and move before his opponent was able to launch a counter attack

thats what i like and love about hsi style and he showed he can do that from middle to heavyweight

and it took 15 years before someone could beat him

and everytime roy lsot(2 times) it was because he wasnt doing what made him great and lookign past his opponent

i thought you was smarter than that
                  I shouldn't even respond to this 'cause it's just downright dumb.... Obviously you did not read my posts carefully or understood it correctly. Roy's tenure as being a top P4P fighter had nothing to do w/ his fighting "style".... **** Roy could've had any style and still would've had the same type of career. How the **** does someone emulate's Roy's athletic prowess, as you stated? Now the few things that I do like about Jones Jr. did and can realistically apply in our own training and some of you have mentioned is how he would hardly back into the ropes, not being a stationary target and punching from angles but everything else that Roy does is total B.S. That is why he has gotten coldcocked in his last two losses and not because his " head" wasn't in the game. I dare any of you guys to actually step up the quality of your sparring partners that don't f**k around, instead of fighting inexperience kids or trying to practice on mannequins and try to do the b.s. that Roy, Hamed, and Ali would do. Every single one of us will get taken apart.
                  Last edited by rsl; 11-29-2004, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter
                    You should emulate the boxer who's body type and athleticism that most closely resembles your own.

IF you have fast feet, fast hands, long arms, skinny legs, and good athleticism then you can emulate RJJ's fighting style.

If you have slow feet, slow hands, average arms, thick legs, and no athleticism then you can emulate John Ruiz's fighting style.
                    LMAO! i think john ruiz learned his style from watching WWE, so if you want to emulate that style watch a lot of wrestling

Comment

Originally posted by Argentina
                      those stories are wrong. Joe Louis would rip Bruce Lee apart. I'm tired of these stupid Bruce Lee myths. Does anyone think a 130 lb super featherweight woudl beat up a heavyweight? No! and those featherweights Fight for A LIVING. they've fought infinitely more times than Bruce has. Bruce has barely fought in comparison. And i'm done even talking about this. Trust me, a world class boxer rips apart a martial artist. i'm a second degree black belt, and I also like boxing. I have some experience in this.
                      it's not beyond reason to imagine that a 130 lb guy can defeat a heavyweight. i mean, suppose the 130 lb guy was just so much faster and the heavyweight tired out by trying to catch him that he collapsed (like wladimir klit)

Comment

Working...
                      X