Grant, Title or Ringside Bag Gloves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all sound good... I use winning tho

Comment

are grants really known for their padding and protection?

Comment

Originally posted by SugarShanep4p View Post
        Go with Grant, Grant everything is good. I use their campeon training gloves, and shoes, both products are great. Their stuff is probally some of the best on the market and is made to last.
        The Grant gloves that I ordered have arrived this morning as promised. Overall it is a bit expensive (price of the goods is about 50% of the dollar list in GBP, but you do then get stung on shipping from the seller, import duty in the UK and a bit more shipping from UPS in the UK - not sure how they think you should be billed twice for the same delivery!!!).

I've just taken the gloves out of the box and the first thing that's noticeable is how strong the smell of leather is. Not surprising as they are leather but I don't ever remember any other gloves smelling so strong - maybe how they treat them, I don't know.

Next thing worth mentioning is that the the wrap around strap is very sturdy and has velcro (hook & loop) along most of it's length. When it's fastened it feels very supporting on the forearm.

The gloves themselves do look and feel quite small (I ordered a large and I'm glad I did). I've got a pair of IMF tech gloves and they are much roomier. I think (until the leather gives a little) that these will be very snug with wraps on. They are not difficult to make a fist in at all.

The last thing that I've noticed is that the padding (especially when compared to the IMF gloves) is much thinner and quite firm. The IMF gloves might offer more protection, but I can imagine that you'd "feel" what your doing in the Grant gloves much better - time will tell.

I'll be using them tonight for about 8 rounds of bag work, so I'll let you know how they work out.

They definitely feel like a premium product.
        Last edited by Bombz; 03-13-2008, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombz View Post
          The Grant gloves that I ordered have arrived this morning as promised. Overall it is a bit expensive (price of the goods is about 50% of the dollar list in GBP, but you do then get stung on shipping from the seller, import duty in the UK and a bit more shipping from UPS in the UK - not sure how they think you should be billed twice for the same delivery!!!)
          Man, that sucks!!! So, how much did you pay overall for shipping then? When I made my order for the Title Gel’s through Amazon I got charged about £21!

Comment

It's ended up at £20 with the order, £10 duty, £9 UPS UK charge. I spent $200 with ringside (gloves, 2 lots of gel wraps and a Reyes t-shirt), so I'm looking at about £140 all in (I think, if my maths and currency conversion is right!).

I don't mind the total cost if I'm honest for what I've got and I think the service was excellent (it would have really p!!ssed me off if it wasn't), but I think the overall shipping cost (US UPS, UK Customs, UK UPS should be made clearer).

No problem I'll take it out on the bag tonight!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bombz View Post
              It's ended up at £20 with the order, £10 duty, £9 UPS UK charge.........I think the overall shipping cost (US UPS, UK Customs, UK UPS should be made clearer)

So, would I be right in thinking that when my gloves arrive I'm going to be hit with £10 duty charge and £9 delivery company charge on top of the £21 I've already paid for postage?

If that's true, my bag is gonna take one helluva beating and may end being punched out of the window in my room!!

Comment

Something like that I think, which may or may not be a problem money-wise, but what gets me is that it isn't made clear up front.

Even with the cost, I think (because we get so ripped off in the UK) we've both got what we wanted at a relatively ok price (and good quality gear at that), stuff which you can't buy in the UK.

I think you've mentioned it before, but for brands like Grant, Ringside, Title (Gel) there does seem to be an opportunity in this country. Boxing and boxing equipment is big business in the UK and top-notch stuff would sell well I reckon.
                Last edited by Bombz; 03-13-2008, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Oh man, now I'm jacked!!!! I don't have a lot of money, and this is seriously pissing me off!!! Had I known this beforehand I would have held off the purchase til I had more readies. Oh well, ****'s done now eh?!!

Comment

Suppose so. Good luck with the new gloves!

Comment

Well, never guess what? My Title Gel's arrived today! BUT, I had to pay £20.25 on delivery for UPS and Customs & Excise duty - not very happy with that at all. I'm at work just now but I can't wait to get my new gloves on and vent my fury on my bag when I get home. The thing which is pissing me off is that I ordered these through Amazon and I didn't see any warnings about having to pay EVEN MORE MONEY!!!!

So, in total my Title Gel's cost me £71.25 (approx $142.50) and the gloves only cost $59.99! Yup, well and truly shafted. Why oh why does the UK not stock any of this stuff!

Comment

Working...
                      X