Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fulton: I Underestimated COVID-19; Having It Changed Mindset About Lot Of Things

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keepemup View Post
    Excess deaths have been increasing by a similar amount since 2008.

And the loose rules that are assigned to covid deaths are questionable. Many are even prohibited from getting autopsies because covid is the supposed cause of death.
    Bro i had covid. Please stop your bullshit about hoax. It wasnt all that bad FOR ME but LOTS OF PEOPLE had it much worse. Also nobody knows the LONG TERM dangers. Its a scary situation.

Comment

Originally posted by #1PaperChamp View Post
      Bro i had covid. Please stop your bullshit about hoax. It wasnt all that bad FOR ME but LOTS OF PEOPLE had it much worse. Also nobody knows the LONG TERM dangers. Its a scary situation.
      Theres nothing to stop. People get sick every year, some worse than others.

Except we don't have a fear campaign and dubious testing, as people who aren't sick can be positive, scaring the hell out of people who believe what the noose/news says.
      Last edited by keepemup; 02-07-2021, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Theres nothing to stop. People get suck every year some worse than others.

Except we don't have a fear campaign and dubious testing, as people who aren't sick can be positive, scaring the hell out of people who believe what the noose/news says.
        if you can reply to him, could you show me a source regarding your claim earlier? thanks.

If you reply with "do your own research", I can gladly show you sources that refute your claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post
          The guy seems to have been saying that he underestimated the odds of contracting the virus. Not that he underestimated its potency. He had to sit out because he had the virus and had to quarantine lol. He mentioned no ill effects of the virus. Which makes sense as 9999 out of 10000 young healthy-enough people who get it, have no real issues.

Don't expect lefties to read past the propaganda headline, however. They are the useful idiots of the media and the left, for a reason.

If you tards want to walk around in a bubble suit the rest of your lives, that's fine. Just stay in your own dumb little bubbles and don't force that on everyone else.
          he has already spoken about what he went through and how he sick he felt

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
            You want to get in a debate about individual responsibilities vs social resposibilities and the role of society? WWII cost fewer American lives than COVID over a longer period yet most people were willing to accept sacrifices to achieve a common goal. You pay taxes doncha? Why?

There is no one simple answer, man, different societies and different sections within a society have different ideas about their responsibilities towards their fellow citizens... however that's kinda the point of representative democracy... we elect leaders, they make decisions for us and then we got someone to blame when it all goes to shit..

Problem with just letting everyone make their own mind up in this circumstance is that it effectively penalises the older members of society and the infirm or those with health conditions for the benefit of the the younger and healthier. It also increases the rate of spread and runs the risk of more people becoming infected at once which can reduce the number of successful outcomes and be harmful for everyone.

Quite clear data from around the world shows that those countries who have locked down swiftly and hard have had the fewest infections, fewest deaths and long term complications... course this has to be weighed against the damage done and potential earnings loss, mental health and other problems including suicides and potentially fatal domestic abuse, which is why such policies have been most effectively used in countries with a more robust Social Security net than in the US.

So yeah, sure, there's a legitimate debate over the optimal policy but it surely isn't anything to do with 'liberals' just being cowardly simpletons as your post above suggests. You also - whether deliberately or not -drastically understate the potential dangers of COVID as you might understand if you read some of the accounts just on here. On average the case fatality rate amongst younger age groups is more like 0.1% not 0.01 percent as you state. And that other 99.9% percent don't have 'no real issues' - as many as 10% may have chronic fatigue for weeks or months or potentially permanent lung scarring both of which can leave them incapable of work.

And if you're an old fart like me, middle aged with lungs already damaged from smoking and pneumonia (I still get flashbacks - like drowning in daylight, thrashing around on the hospital bed desperate to suck in some air. Not an experience I'd care to repeat) your likely outcomes are far far worse. Granted I may not be particularly deserving of a longer life, but I was kinda hoping to see my boys through school.
            Excellent post.

Comment

Hey Bro. Im a nurse and I got it too...nurses are most likely profession to get it.

Mine was mild too but you always have to be a bit concerned about if there are any long-term consequences. Do you have anything different now from when you had it ? How long ago was it for you?

The wife lost smell and it hasnt come back 100%. Feel really bad about that but happy its only that
              Hey, literally just got my complete smell back like 10 days ago. 5 days of no smell and like 5 days of weird smells.

I got it on new years, I went to a small gathering and from that day we all had it, we went and got tested and we all came back positive.

For me like I said it was mild and the lost of smell started gradually at first, first it started off like a weird smell I had stuck sensing nonstop than after a few days of that I completely lost my sense of smell but that lasted for me like 5 days than it went back to that weird smell stage for a few more days than finally just back to normal, the entire ordeal I would say was 1 day of feeling a lil sick with a slight fever and that came and went in 1 day followed by 2 weeks of weird smell or no smell issues.
              Last edited by TheBoxGod; 01-21-2021, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Theres nothing to stop. People get suck every year some worse than others.

There is definitely media sensationalization but part of that is because WE DONT KNOW the long-term effects.

There are ~25 MILLION confirmed US cases and speculatively another ~25-50 MILLION of asymptomatic cases. Thats anywhere from ~50-75 MILLION Americans or roughly 1 in 7 or 1 in 5 people with COVID-19.

Homie if the long-term prognosis means you die...well, thats bad. 20% of population will rapidly get sick and die. Its unlikely for that to be the case but its possible. The more likely scenario is what we're seeing and that is:

~1% of people who GET Covid will die. Most often these are older or sick people but its also happened to young and healthy folk.

Most people that have had Covid and recovered arent demonstrating significant long-term side effects

***HOWEVER we are only 1 year out. We dont even know the 5 or 10 year scene.

Again I'm not trying to echo the Media but i work in healthcare and am trying to share some of the concerns from medicine behind the scenes. It is likely that its NOT A BIG DEAL and perhaps will wind up being similar to seasonal influenza but we dont know that yet. So better safe than sorry...

Comment

You want to get in a debate about individual responsibilities vs social resposibilities and the role of society? WWII cost fewer American lives than COVID over a longer period yet most people were willing to accept sacrifices to achieve a common goal. You pay taxes doncha? Why?

There is no one simple answer, man, different societies and different sections within a society have different ideas about their responsibilities towards their fellow citizens... however that's kinda the point of representative democracy... we elect leaders, they make decisions for us and then we got someone to blame when it all goes to shit..

Problem with just letting everyone make their own mind up in this circumstance is that it effectively penalises the older members of society and the infirm or those with health conditions for the benefit of the the younger and healthier. It also increases the rate of spread and runs the risk of more people becoming infected at once which can reduce the number of successful outcomes and be harmful for everyone.

Quite clear data from around the world shows that those countries who have locked down swiftly and hard have had the fewest infections, fewest deaths and long term complications... course this has to be weighed against the damage done and potential earnings loss, mental health and other problems including suicides and potentially fatal domestic abuse, which is why such policies have been most effectively used in countries with a more robust Social Security net than in the US.

So yeah, sure, there's a legitimate debate over the optimal policy but it surely isn't anything to do with 'liberals' just being cowardly simpletons as your post above suggests. You also - whether deliberately or not -drastically understate the potential dangers of COVID as you might understand if you read some of the accounts just on here. On average the case fatality rate amongst younger age groups is more like 0.1% not 0.01 percent as you state. And that other 99.9% percent don't have 'no real issues' - as many as 10% may have chronic fatigue for weeks or months or potentially permanent lung scarring both of which can leave them incapable of work.

And if you're an old fart like me, middle aged with lungs already damaged from smoking and pneumonia (I still get flashbacks - like drowning in daylight, thrashing around on the hospital bed desperate to suck in some air. Not an experience I'd care to repeat) your likely outcomes are far far worse. Granted I may not be particularly deserving of a longer life, but I was kinda hoping to see my boys through school.
                  Enjoy the time you have brother. Be safe and please get the vaccine when its available. I trust youve quit smoking and that is the single best thing you can do.

We never know when its our time so do what you love and try to raise your kids to not make the same mistakes you did. My wife is expecting and my sole plan is to help him NOT be me. He will have some of my traits but i dont want him to "learn the hard way" anywhere near as much as I did.

Comment

Enjoy the time you have brother. Be safe and please get the vaccine when its available. I trust youve quit smoking and that is the single best thing you can do.

We never know when its our time so do what you love and try to raise your kids to not make the same mistakes you did. My wife is expecting and my sole plan is to help him NOT be me. He will have some of my traits but i dont want him to "learn the hard way" anywhere near as much as I did.
                    I will be getting the vaccine ASAP, I'm in a high risk category and am just waiting my turn to roll around... Ms Koba is a different matter - she's part of the alternative therapies community and has the antivaxxers putting the fear in her which I'm doing my best to assuage.

Yeah, gave up smoking at 45 years old when my youngest came along, but 30 years leaves it's mark. Watched my old man smoke himself to the grave back in 2011 and figured I didnt want to be trying to wheeze my way after my boy when he's 15 and I'm 60..

As to following in their footsteps, well let's hope my sons can break the cycle. I followed my old man into addiction and crime - followed eerily similar paths in some ways - but thankfully I was able to put it behind me and these days I gotta say life is pretty damn good. Finally made peace with myself, and I ain't intending to let this virus take that away.

And best of luck to you and your lady. None of us get parenting right, but if you go into it with your heart in the right place you won't get it too far wrong either..
                    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-21-2021, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Vaccine doesn't grant immunity man, most of em don't, just gives your immune system a much better chance of fighting it off. Also whilst it significantly reduces your chance of resisting the illness it doesn't stop you either picking the virus up or potentially transmitting it.

And I don't know what's with your weird obsession with the idea that people on here - myself or anyone else - is trying to force anything on you man. No-one has that power. Especially not random dudes on the internet. We're just chatting, right?

Just for your better understanding of the world I was explaining to you why your own elected authorities might consider that they have that right and might also try to enforce it by law. Same way they can tell you where you can and can't smoke or enforce speed limits to protect your fellow citizens from your badass recklessness. Your 'liberty' to do exactly as you please does not extend to behaviours that compromise others' right to health and wellbeing does it? Of course if you decide to ignore whatever statutes or local ordinances are in place, that too is your choice... Just don't come crying on here if you get slapped with a fine or whatever. Deal?

And no I wouldn't say I'm a Communist although my parents were so perhaps that's less of an insult that you might have hoped. My political philosophy leans more towards the left libertarian - anarchist if you like - though in practical terms I freely acknowledge that a true leaderless society is a very long way from being practicable and may never be so.

I figure we derailed this thread just about long enough now though, don't you?
                      My liberty means that you, or any elected official, do not get to tell me when and where I need to wear a mask, etc. If a private business wants to make that decision, that is their right. But a gov't should have no say as to what a private citizen does, if the actions of that individual do not infringe upon the rights of others.

Your assertion that I need to wear a mask, etc, to not infringe on YOUR rights, is ridiculous. You must be fu.cking kidding me with that logic. If that logic holds, then everyone needs to be tested everyday before they drive their vehicle - breathalyzer, vision test, IQ test etc. We can't take any chances that a 'sick' person could put my or anyone else's life in jeopardy.

Get out of here with that terrible logic. If would be funny if it wasn't so scary that people actually think like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X