Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko on Loss To Lopez: Nothing Honest About The Judging, It's About Being Bribed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post
    Oddly enough, both sides could be correct. Maybe the rank and file at TR liked Loma better and were sad to see him get somewhat shown up, not just lose. And maybe the big time people, or just Bob, knew they needed to get a Teo win here as he seems to be a better star prospect going forward.

I completely agree on the 'excuses' thing in general - as you say, if you don't have some kind of 'excuse', you are basically just admitting you can't beat that guy.

I do think though that the 'inward' looking excuses - 'I should have done more, I should have moved more, should have neutralized this, etc' are much better than external excuses - blaming judges, refs, opponent cheating etc.

At the end of the day, you have to expect yourself to overcome the obstacles, and not use those obstacles as a scape goat when you lose. It becomes all too easy to do that.

I don't love Loma's answers for that reason. His first response should be about how he didn't do anything in the first half of that fight. He can complain about the cards and all that if he wants, but he shouldn't be thinking he deserved a result there.

I certainly didn't see it anyway. I'd feel like I was cheating if I gave him 6 rounds.. where were they?
    Definitely, but it's hard for any boxer to admit someone is better than them at that level. Whenever Spence vs Crawford happens, I'm positive the loser will have some excuses as well. That's just how it goes. I can't even say I am disappointed in the fighter or upset because at this point it is expected. Now, Wilder was attacking Breland and his character and that was wrong to think he would drug him during the fight.

I agree that Lomachenko shouldn't be talking much since he put himself in such a huge deficit. If he could throw the right hand in the last four rounds, then he could have thrown it earlier. For whatever reason he chose to fight the way he did and now has to live with the results.

Comment

Lost first 6 rounds, round 7 was a swing round. Lost round 12

Comment

Lomachenko is very delusional about this fight and I suspect it may have affected his pre-fight strategy. Even if it was his strategy to start late and give away a few early rounds and turn it on late, that strategy back fired on him. He lost the fight 8-4 if not 9-3 rounds in my opinion. It shows humility and class when you admit the other man was a better fighter. Loma is not showing any of this.

Comment

Always great to see fraud p4p people melt down.. He is mentally shaken. Take rest and come back strong.

Comment

I think they should stop fighting in the US if every decision is cooked. Fight in Kiev. He has to be ready to be booed loudly and garbage thrown at him if he fights here next.

Top boxers should freeze this sissy out.

Comment

Take the loss like a man.

Comment

Comment

This

I had it 114-114 just like Ward and others in the know. There is no way that 109-119 judge was competent so how can they be there judging such an important fight. There had to be an incentive to blindly give every round to Teo. That is something to be looked into. And there must be a point system for judges to many incompetent and corrupt judges in the game even before this claim by Loma!

Comment

Loma. Be grateful your ass didn’t get knocked out!

Comment

You can't give away the first 6 rounds and expect to win. Especially if you lost one of the next 6. No way Loma won. The best he could have done is a draw. As a fan, it's hard to respect Loma. It's sour grapes. Maybe he needs to ditch his dad and get somebody in his corner that will tell him the truth about how a fight is going.

Comment

Working...
                      X