Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: Lomachenko Never Gave Me Money To Make The Fight Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IAMTHAT View Post
    If Loma losses Ill be the first one here to say the man i predicted to win lost. Nice and easy.

What will you say if Teo losses?
    He will be as quiet as a Church mouse

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Taylor View Post
      mike tyson is an overhyped bum. anyone he couldnt bully masscared him
      Youíre mad ! I donít know if Robin givens brother has been sitting on your face to make you talk this reckless

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        You see how you only came up with two names that for sure beat Tyson? I agree with those. I just think it's way unfair to call prime Tyson a bum when he became the unified HW champ before he was 22 and had some very good wins in there before he lost to Douglas.(he may have really won, long count reference) Not only that, you cited the two best HW's in history in my opinion, as the ones who would beat him. (best by way of H2H matchups) Any world titlist isn't a bum but by boxing standards, Tyson is in the top 15 all time HW rankings for sure.
        Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
        Youíre mad ! I donít know if Robin givens brother has been sitting on your face to make you talk this reckless
        Tyson got massacred by bums like buster douglas and danny williams LMAO 😂

and he got mentally destroyed by a small, weak and ancient holyfield.

deontay wilder and tyson fury dont lose to the busters and danny williams of the world LMAO HAHAHAHAHA 🤣🤣🤣😂😂🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
          No, Lomacheko never directly gave ay money to Lopez.

He did, however, take a pay cut, in order to get the fight made.

Effectively, he took a bit less to give Lopez a bit more. Which is what everyone is saying.

"Heís fighting for less than his contract says because he gets it." Bob Arum talking about Lomahcenko, 6 August 2020.
          so technically: he gave money to Lopez

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
            so technically: he gave money to Lopez
            I chose my words carefully. Technically he didn't. But in effect, he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Spear View Post
              Listening comprehension... Some people take one word of a sentence and fabricate their own story based on what they want to see happen.

Both what Arum and what Lopez said can be true at the same time. Arum stated that Vasyl took less money to make the fight happen. Lopez is saying that no money was taken away from Vasyl to pay Lopez. Both can be true. Whatever the collective pursers may have been for the initial contract, Lopez could still be making the same or similar while Vasyl is taking a paycut willingly to make the fight happen.
              This. Let me say I do not actually care, for both these guys are taking way less then they should for this fight instead of waiting it out to get more and I respect them both for it. We need this fight in 2020, and it is almost here. I am PUMPED.

But, if memory serves Lopez was not going to come down anymore in his asking price then he already had. The promotion knew how much it had to work with, and to make it happen Lomachenko took less. If that is true as I recall it, Lomachenko actually helped out the promoters and ESPN more directly than helping Lopez.

In which case... read above for a better explanation than I am giving.

Comment

Originally posted by IAMTHAT View Post
                If Loma losses Ill be the first one here to say the man i predicted to win lost. Nice and easy.

What will you say if Teo losses?
                I will not admit I was wrong but that itís boxing and shÓt happens!

My only concern is how much punishment can Teo take cuz I believe he will have to go through hell to get the stoppage!

Comment

This is the fight I've Ben looking forward to the most this year and I'm glad they even made the fight!! Thanks Bob!!

I'm hyped up for fight night.

Comment

I heard Loma made up the difference and sent him an e-transfer with the message: for boxing fight

Comment

Lopez said he would back out of fight if he didnt get paid enough so Loma took a pay cut to make it happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X