Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING: Eddie Hearn and Frank Warren speak for the first time ever this afternoon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Targaryen View Post
    Zero chance Whyte takes it

You don't fight, Helenius, Chisora x 2, Parker, Rivas and Povetkin to give up your mandatory spot to a huge fight against either Fury or Joshua, to fight a dangerous prospect like Dubois. After Whyte beats Povetkin he's sitting out until he gets his shot.
    Whyte is a fool if he sits and waits he fight in August and wont get a shot until August next year so be a year out

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
      Whyte is a fool if he sits and waits he fight in August and wont get a shot until August next year so be a year out
      Nothing stopping Whyte from having afew tick over fights, until his title shot 'Afew violent knock outs just for the sake of it'.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        It's still insane to me that these two have never met each other nor talked to each other before I guess now. And even now, it was just a phone conversation and haven't officially met each other. Seems impossible considering these two have been the top dogs in the UK scene for years?

But hopefully this leads to some nice co-promotional match ups.
        Especially when you take into consideration Barry Hearn and Frank have known each other personally for many years. I don’t think they particularly get along , although I saw Barry say in an interview that Frank is actually alright.

But yeah, very strange to think they have never met.

Comment

Why would Hearn need to speak to Bob Arum's PA?

Comment

Wonder how negotiations will go seeing as matchroom just had a show with 200k peak viewers with 90k average whilst Frank Warren about less than 5k average i believe lol.

Comment

ALL Of Boxing Needs to do something like this particularly here in America (Haymon, Arum, Oscar and whoever else) especially after this Pandemic

Promoters (advisors, managers or whatever) EGOS are killing this sport and all will Struggle to "Get Off The Canvas" after this Pandemic. Promoters are the ones who drove the Casual Fans away not the Fighters! Don King was masterful at pulling Casuals in regardless of how much of a Crook he was (no different than a lot of Promoters today honestly). Then after Don King, Mayweather was really great at Upsetting Casuals and drawing them in hoping to see him lose. Boxing seriously lack Personalities from fighters as well as Promoters. Eddie Hearn is a good promoter and he tries to talk a little trash (or Banter as Brits Call it) which I have no problem with but Don King he is NOT!

Comment

Originally posted by Chinned View Post
                Wonder how negotiations will go seeing as matchroom just had a show with 200k peak viewers with 90k average whilst Frank Warren about less than 5k average i believe lol.
                Those figures for Frank’s shows are terrible. His comeback shows haven’t been promoted well. His figures aren’t normally that bad, as BT is quite a big platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Targaryen View Post
                  Zero chance Whyte takes it

You don't fight, Helenius, Chisora x 2, Parker, Rivas and Povetkin to give up your mandatory spot to a huge fight against either Fury or Joshua, to fight a dangerous prospect like Dubois. After Whyte beats Povetkin he's sitting out until he gets his shot.
                  Was about to say the same, feel bad for Whyte. He's been dealt a bit of a **** hand. He hasn't always handled things great but he's certainly earned a fair shot at a title.

Comment

The clash of the titons! Fish eyes finally speaks to the young silver spoon upstart!?

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                      The main thing is he can get rid of the problem with Whyte by making him fight Dubois or Joyce brillant plan.
                      Zero chance of Whyte taking that fight. Matchroom might offer Queensbury Bakole but i also doubt Warren would accept that fight for DDD.

Comment

Working...
                      X