No announcement yet.

What if SRR never gave LaMotta rematches and said “that was easy work.”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Ok so Floyd already fought Cotto at 154. Are you aware of that?
    Stopped reading here. Thread title much? You taking the piss? Maybe you are not aware that SRR, LaMotta, Leonard, Duran.. all “ran it back.”

Fury and Wilder all running it back... how many rounds did Wilder win in the rematch? Feldman was the only judge that gave Wilder a round.

So again! Since Castillo... he ran it back... Floyd did two catchweights with post Mexicans; Marquez (failed 144 commitment and 152 with Alvarez). Floyd said Cotto and Canelo were “easy work.” Floyd knew Cotto and Canelo were rinsing 155. How come Floyd didn’t attempt 1lb more for Cotto’s Lineal at 155? How come Floyd didn’t make headlines to want Canelo’s Lineal at Middleweight.

It makes no sense for “TBE” to ditch 1lb for a Middleweight strap! You can’t make this up! The truth is Floyd chose Maidana twice, Pac, and Berto instead of defending his 154 titles as well as ditching astronomical paydays for Cotto or Canelo 2. The only reason why Maidana was even a play was because Haymon and Showtime exploited Broner’s loss.

When Cotto and Canelo were asked by industry if they wanted rematches they said yes. Floyd simply said “Easy work” and would usually complain about people wanting him to “move up.” From 130+. FFs no wonder Floyd had Duran an ATG and top 5 ever.

Floyd ducked those rematches. Hence respect to the legends of the thread title and my initial post!

Ez breezy!
    Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 07-07-2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      Your trash bait thread backfired and you've taken Ls for two pages.

I'm considering locking this up but I'm also enjoying watching irondamhanza and everyone else body you. Just give it up, no one is buying what you're selling out here.
      Lol. Awww, you mad cause SRR, LaMotta, Leonard and Duran had rematches for challenges and for the fans but you call it “click bait.” Lol ok
      Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 07-07-2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican Bidness View Post
        Stopped reading here. Thread title much? You taking the piss? Maybe you are not aware that SRR, LaMotta, Leonard, Duran.. all “ran it back.”

Fury and Wilder all running it back... how many rounds did Wilder win in the rematch? Feldman was the only judge that gave Wilder a round.

So again! Since Castillo... he ran it back... Floyd did two catchweights with post Mexicans; Marquez (failed 144 commitment and 152 with Alvarez). Floyd said Cotto and Canelo were “easy work.” Floyd knew Cotto and Canelo were rinsing 155. How come Floyd didn’t attempt 1lb more for Cotto’s Lineal at 155? How come Floyd didn’t make headlines to want Canelo’s Lineal at Middleweight.

It makes no sense for “TBE” to ditch 1lb for a Middleweight strap! You can’t make this up! The truth is Floyd chose Maidana twice, Pac, and Berto instead of defending his 154 titles as well as ditching astronomical paydays for Cotto or Canelo 2. The only reason why Maidana was even a play was because Haymon and Showtime exploited Broner’s loss.

When Cotto and Canelo were asked by industry if they wanted rematches they said yes. Floyd simply said “Easy work” and would usually complain about people wanting him to “move up.” From 130+. FFs no wonder Floyd had Duran an ATG and top 5 ever.

Floyd ducked those rematches. Hence respect to the legends of the thread title and my initial post!

Ez breezy!
        You said he didn’t fight him at 154, when he did.

Ok those rematched happened because the underdogs upset the odds mostly.

He rematched Castillo because he arguably lost. Unlike Cotto who he beat clearly.

You can keep repeating it but the fact is no one was clamouring for Mayweather Cotto 2 and the fight made no sense and would have deemed a cherry pick.

Comment

What does that even mean?! Lol

SRR was 35-0-0 facing LaMotta, became 36-0-0.

They continued fighting even up to a higher class.
          Sugar Ray Robinson was also 21 years old with that many fights.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            You said he didn’t fight him at 154, when he did.
            Wait what?! Lol. Dude you’re completely lost. I’ve been saying forever on NSB Floyd did not fight Cotto nor Canelo for their Middleweight/Lineal titles. Again, you don’t know what rematch means... I think you should start with the thread title again and my initial post.

Comment

Why didn't Canelo rematch Lara or Trout? Lara gave him more competitive fight than Cotto or Canelo did Floyd.

Comment

What does that even mean?! Lol

SRR was 35-0-0 facing LaMotta, became 36-0-0.

They continued fighting even up to a higher class.
                what are you even blabbing about??? Robinson lost the 1st fight with Lamotta, they only fought at 160 so what higher classes are you referring to??? and Robinson was 23 damn years old... Floyd was 36 when he beat Canelo and at the end of his career.

you just make random threads just to make them because this makes 0 sense. You dont even have your facts together

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
                  Why didn't Canelo rematch Lara or Trout? Lara gave him more competitive fight than Cotto or Canelo did Floyd.
                  Why didn’t Floyd fight Lara or other 154lbs while holding the WBC and WBA simultaneously for a hot minute?

Comment

Wait what?! Lol. Dude you’re completely lost. I’ve been saying forever on NSB Floyd did not fight Cotto nor Canelo for their Middleweight/Lineal titles. Again, you don’t know what rematch means... I think you should start with the thread title again and my initial post.
                    say what you want about Floyd but he gave his toughest opponents rematches, and that is something I can not say about Canelo man..I think he is a great boxer and improves all the time but he did not rematch Trout or Lara,Floyds gets it right the 1st time and doesnt need rematches but if you play him close he gives you a second run.

You are literally on here saying Floyd should have moved up at damn near 40 and fought 2 people he already beat again, seems like you are just mad he retired with out losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry_Rushmore View Post
                      what are you even blabbing about??? Robinson lost the 1st fight with Lamotta, they only fought at 160 so what higher classes are you referring to??? and Robinson was 23 damn years old... Floyd was 36 when he beat Canelo and at the end of his career.

you just make random threads just to make them because this makes 0 sense. You dont even have your facts together
                      Dude... Floyd capped at 24lbs from 130-154

SRR went from 135 up to fighting Maxim at 173. LaMotta was old school yo-yo weights.

These are all facts and they ran it back!

Floyd ducked Middleweight with Cotto and Canelo. The fights were there. Let me repeat “Easy work” was there.

Comment

Working...
                      X