No announcement yet.

What if SRR never gave LaMotta rematches and said “that was easy work.”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexican Bidness View Post
    Some guys in the thread are saying “nobody wanted to see” Floyd fight for the Lineal Middleweight title with Cotto or Canelo at 155-160. If Floyd acknowledged 144 with Marquez and 152 with Canelo, why do they assume that fans wouldn’t theorize a 155 catch with either Cotto or Canelo? Canelo at 155 looked more proper on fight night than his 152 weigh in. Also Cotto looked bigger with his Geale and Canelo fights.

Guys like Larry say Floyd was “old” and didn’t need to move up. He’s insinuating a disadvantage...a disadvantage for 1lb for Cotton’s 155? Floyd said Cotto and Canelo were easy work, then why don’t they acknowledge fights for the Lineal Middleweight at the minimum (weight) for Floyd if they feel it wasn’t a problem? Why choose Berto? These Floyd purists say Cotto and Canelo wasn’t worth to be seen but Berto was? Haymon and Showtime exploited Broner’s loss to Maidana. The Maidana fights weren’t even needed. Why would Floyd fight for Maidana’s Regular 147 WBA when Floyd had the Super version?

I don’t understand it.
    They'll do anything to protect Floyd and his career choices and decisions. Love is blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican Bidness View Post
      No no no. I’ve said far too many times on the forum, way before this wonderful thread, that Floyd ducked Cotto and Canelo for their Lineal Middleweight titles. I got confused because other poster were mentioned Canelo ducking Lara for a rematch, yet Floyd didn’t defend 154 in the WBA or WBC. The only time Floyd “defended” the 154 was for Chino’s rematch which was a WBC.

Now, you’ve got no integrity for such lies. Floyd BRAGS about PPV. Brags about MONEY. Brags about “Easy work.” Flaunts Belts on social media for years... this accumulation throughout the years and you have the audacity to say “nobody wanted to see” a Cotto or Canelo rematch. Cotto whom has a MSG Draw and Canelo’s fanbase. These astronomical PPVs for Floyd attempting a Middleweight crown but fans want to see Berto? And who at 155?!

Bruh.... you suspect! Lol
      No, I said no one wanted to see Floyd cherrypick a Lineage at MW by beating a guy at 155 who’s he’s already beaten easily.

That’s just the facts of the situation. It was a lose lose to do that. You don’t have context because you weren’t watching Boxing then.

Comment

Whatever Floyd does is never enough. You fools want to just keep on moving the goalposts until he gets beat at 168.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          No, I said no one wanted to see Floyd cherrypick a Lineage at MW by beating a guy at 155 who’s he’s already beaten easily.

That’s just the facts of the situation. It was a lose lose to do that. You don’t have context because you weren’t watching Boxing then.
          You don’t know what you’re talking about. And again, you expose your own knowledge and logical thinking for what we are talking about. You’re even just referring to Cotto. Let me say again, for the 100th time, Floyd ducked both Cotto and Canelo’s Lineal Middleweight title opportunity, so its wasn’t “easy work.” YOURE saying “no one wanted to see” yet you justify Maidana and Berto fights for PPv. Like I said, you’ve got no integrity for such lies. Cotto and Canelo rematches always did more PPV than Maidana or Berto.

That’s all even besides the point. If Floyd was content with Berto financials and cherry picking then why not go for the Lineal Middleweight titles with two guys you claimed were “easy work?” Again? It doesn’t make sense fighting Chino for the WBA Regular. These were all Haymon and Showtime shows duping fans.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
            You would of found SRR in a ditch, Mafia controlled boxing during this era.
            fair point

Comment

Working...
            X