Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: Utterly Ridiculous Guy As Good As Whyte Hasn't Had Heavyweight Title Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ironically, the man that Dillian Whyte is set to defend the WBC 'Interim' title is responsible for the hindrance of Whyte's title opportunity ; I wont explain the details, its complicated.

Anyways, It would be hilarious if Alexander also takes his 'Interim' title, and becomes the WBC mandatory again.

Comment

He looked like dogsht against a guy not even ranked top 50 at HW

Comment

Whyte is OVERRATED

Comment

Found this posted on another board...

"This is straight from the WBC 's rules and regulations (caps mine):

"3.7- Designation of Mandatory Challengers: The WBC shall always have the discretion to
          designate a mandatory challenger by:

(a) ordering a final elimination bout of two qualified contenders; or

(b) designating a Qualified Challenger as the official mandatory challenger.

For the avoidance of doubt, the HIGHEST RATED (or the highest rated available) BOXER IN THE WBC RANKINGS IS NEVER, SOLELY BY VIRTUE OF SUCH POSITION, THE OFFICIAL MANDATORY CHALLENGER.

Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, including any communications attributed to the WBC, no boxer shall be considered as, or claim any privileges associated with, being a mandatory challenger unless (i) the boxer has been officially designated as such by the
          WBC President or the President’s designated representative, and (ii) the WBC Board of
          Governors has voted to authorize or ratify the designation of such boxer as mandatory
          challenger."

There's also this in the regulations:

"A Silver Champion must comply with all defense and other obligations applicable to WBC World Champions hereunder as the WBC shall order in its discretion. A SILVER CHAMPION SHALL NOT BE A MANDATORY CONTENDER for the WBC World Championship ABSENT WINNING A FINAL ELIMINATION BOUT for the World title, unless a written exception has been authorized by a majority vote of the WBC Board of Governors in its sole discretion."
          Last edited by koolkc107; 05-17-2020, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
            Whyte has been his own worst enemy when it comes to getting a title shot. He’s turned down multiple title eliminators and turned down an offer to fight Joshua again last year.

He should get a shot but it’s hard to care when it doesn’t even seem like he wants one.
            Exactly this...

How is it ludicrous when he has rejected opportunities to fight for titles?

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
              The post Klitschko era has had the worst mandatory fights ever
              100% agree. Sad that I have 80 year old Otriz ranked #4.

1. Fury
              2. AJ
              3. Wilder

The rest have major flaws. In fact they all have flaws.

Fury - Mental
              AJ - Chinny
              Wilder - Can't box

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                Found this posted on another board...

"This is straight from the WBC 's rules and regulations (caps mine):

"3.7- Designation of Mandatory Challengers: The WBC shall always have the discretion to
                designate a mandatory challenger by:

(a) ordering a final elimination bout of two qualified contenders; or

(b) designating a Qualified Challenger as the official mandatory challenger.

For the avoidance of doubt, the HIGHEST RATED (or the highest rated available) BOXER IN THE WBC RANKINGS IS NEVER, SOLELY BY VIRTUE OF SUCH POSITION, THE OFFICIAL MANDATORY CHALLENGER.

Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, including any communications attributed to the WBC, no boxer shall be considered as, or claim any privileges associated with, being a mandatory challenger unless (i) the boxer has been officially designated as such by the
                WBC President or the President’s designated representative, and (ii) the WBC Board of
                Governors has voted to authorize or ratify the designation of such boxer as mandatory
                challenger."

There's also this in the regulations:

"A Silver Champion must comply with all defense and other obligations applicable to WBC World Champions hereunder as the WBC shall order in its discretion. A SILVER CHAMPION SHALL NOT BE A MANDATORY CONTENDER for the WBC World Championship ABSENT WINNING A FINAL ELIMINATION BOUT for the World title, unless a written exception has been authorized by a majority vote of the WBC Board of Governors in its sole discretion."
                For people with at least one brain cell it’s inherently obvious why Whyte hasn’t had a shot.

“It’s a conspiracy doe”

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  Exactly this...

How is it ludicrous when he has rejected opportunities to fight for titles?
                  And he's a fkn CHEAT. Against Rivas and then Wach.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    100% agree. Sad that I have 80 year old Otriz ranked #4.

1. Fury
                    2. AJ
                    3. Wilder

The rest have major flaws. In fact they all have flaws.

Fury - Mental
                    AJ - Chinny
                    Wilder - Can't box
                    I will bet you anything that Wilder would ko AJ STILL even after another asswooping from Fury. I've said it for ages.. AJ is as mediocre a hw champ as they come too

Comment

All this crying for Whyte is getting annoying, there are 4 sanctioning bodies he can get his title shot and one of them he had a shot to face Pulev and ducked, Fans should have no sympathy for this guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X