Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ellerbe: Floyd's First Fight With Maidana Not As Close As Some Made It Out To Be

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demigawd View Post
    When I score fights, I'm not just the judge, I'm the referee too. This removes elements of bias and bribery that is rampant in our sport.

So I had Floyd winning by disqualification. I gave Maidana multiple warnings for low blows and rabbit punches, and after he ignored them, I had no choice but to award Floyd the victory after the 8th round.

Up to that point it was Floyd's closest fight since his No Contest against Zab Judah, though.
    So you have Terence Crawford taking two L's - Amir and Kavaliauskas?

Comment

With the amount of salt spilt in this thread you could preserve an entire meat factory..

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
        So you have Terence Crawford taking two L's - Amir and Kavaliauskas?
        I missed the Kava fight, but yes, Amir won via DQ. It was one of the bigger upsets I've seen since Taylor barely beat the count to escape with a 115-112 victory against Chavez.

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
          Watch it again tonight with no sound. Or record it and watch it later with no sound. I’m curious if people watch it with no sound, who they have winning. I plan on recorded it tonite on showtime and watching with no sound on Saturday. I remember watching it live on PPV and I thought Maidana and Floyd fought to a draw. Then I watched it again later with no sound, and had Floyd by split decision. I will watch it again and try to score it objectively.
          Does a one person split decision mean you disagreed with yourself?

Comment

Because Floyd never fought abroad you have to envision fight being in argentina, or mexico, or anywhere other than america. And it's probably a 10-2 type decision for maudana.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunch Pag View Post
              With the amount of salt spilt in this thread you could preserve an entire meat factory..
              I agree, I think the Floyd fans upset most think Floyd lost. But that's insecuruty, Floyd kept zero.
              Don't worry what everyone thinks
              Last edited by hugh grant; 05-15-2020, 02:44 PM.

Comment

It was a spirited fight, but not close in my opinion. Judges had it right. The Cotto fight was the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by demigawd View Post
                  I missed the Kava fight
                  Then let me help you, ref.

Round 2, Crawford gets lured in off a basic trap and eats a BEAUTIFUL two-piece combo with a biscuit:

Round 3, Crawford gets DROPPED after eating a right hand bomb over the top.

Round 4, angry and frustrated after getting DROPPED, Crawford starts holding and hitting.

What say ye?

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                    Then let me help you, ref.

Round 2, Crawford gets lured in off a basic trap and eats a BEAUTIFUL two-piece combo with a biscuit:

Round 3, Crawford gets DROPPED after eating a right hand bomb over the top.

Round 4, angry and frustrated after getting DROPPED, Crawford starts holding and hitting.

What say ye?
                    I say it's time to watch that whole fight and see how he responds to my repeated instructions to avoid hitting and holding!

Comment

I saw the same thing you did, but couldn't find another round for Maidana. I had it a draw. Rewatching tonight.

Comment

Working...
                      X