Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ellerbe: Floyd's First Fight With Maidana Not As Close As Some Made It Out To Be

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by //// View Post
    Things have gotten so bad under lockdown that theyre doing ellerbe interviews...

Comment

Black Powah Bruvvas being Black Powah Bruvvas. Always biased. Everyone knows Floyd got another as whoopin and lost.

Comment

Clear win for Floyd but Maidana wasn't an easy night at all for him.

Comment

Not close at all. 8-4 Mayweather being generous to Maidana.

How he didn’t lose more points with all those rabbit punches is beyond me but it wasn’t close. Maidana was aggressive but clearly outclassed and outboxed.

JLC 1 on the other hand was highway robbery, Jose Luis Castillo clearly beat Mayweather.

Comment

The fight I watched mayweather was mauled and ragdolled for the 1st five rounds and he definitely won another round later into the fight.
            That makes it a draw right there and on the night I felt maidana done enough to win with a close decision.

Comment

Yes, I had Maidana winning outright.

Comment

When I score fights, I'm not just the judge, I'm the referee too. This removes elements of bias and bribery that is rampant in our sport.

So I had Floyd winning by disqualification. I gave Maidana multiple warnings for low blows and rabbit punches, and after he ignored them, I had no choice but to award Floyd the victory after the 8th round.

Up to that point it was Floyd's closest fight since his No Contest against Zab Judah, though.

Comment

7-5 Maidana. The woman beater *floyd didn't do shi* the first 6 rounds. There's at least 1 round from 7-12 Maidana took (10th round when he got the woman beater *floyd on his own pull counter)

I still crack up seeing the woman beater *floyd continuing to look at weeks for help

and just by looking at the woman beater *floyd's reaction to the scoring, it wasn't like his usual look where he knew he won, he absolutely had no idea if he pulled it off or not, just as bad/surprised as canelo looked when they gave him the nod over ggg

Comment

the woman beater *floyd has 3 losses on his record
                    castillo 1 7-5
                    judah (roger can't go in the ring, automatic loss for the woman beater *floyd) "violation of other rules by a fighter's corner, such as cornermen entering the ring or striking the opponent can result in disqualification even though such behavior is not strictly under the fighter's control."
                    maidana 1 7-5

and 2 draws
                    fish nets 6-6
                    pacquiao 6-6 (technically the woman beater *floyd could've gotten a dq too for holding onto pacquiao too much: "A boxer may also be disqualified if the referee deems that he or she is not fighting, or holding excessively.", the woman beater lucky he had bayless once again by his side)
                    Last edited by Gigantes; 05-15-2020, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Watch it again tonight with no sound. Or record it and watch it later with no sound. I’m curious if people watch it with no sound, who they have winning. I plan on recorded it tonite on showtime and watching with no sound on Saturday. I remember watching it live on PPV and I thought Maidana and Floyd fought to a draw. Then I watched it again later with no sound, and had Floyd by split decision. I will watch it again and try to score it objectively.

Comment

Working...
                      X