No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury vs. Wilder Rematch PPV To Be Replayed on ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Wilder couldn't force an immediate rematch because the rematch clause was voided by the draw.

Be honest about it for once, Deontay and his team of idiots thought they were being clever by cherry picking Fury before he was ready the first time around, but even at 50% of his best form, the Gypsy King was too much for Wilder.
    No, Wilder wasn't under any legal obligation to rematch Tyson Fury because it was a one way rematch clause in the event that Wilder lost but he didn't. He kept the title.

So he could have easily moved on and fought Anthony Joshua instead. After all, that was the fight that the public wanted to see anyhow.

Also, for once I agree with you. They gave Tyson Fury too much time; 14 months to be exact to get both his timing and conditioning back in tact after being off for nearly two and half years.

They needed to get him back into the ring as soon as possible after their first match but like fools they decided to wait and fight Fury until he was both comfortable and ready which was a huge mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Squared.Circle View Post
      You’re a Wilder fan?...

...never would have guessed lol
      No shit! I thought that you would have never guessed it

Comment

Originally posted by Squared.Circle View Post
        They’re actually £19.95 on average lol Warren decided to copy Hearn’s decision to up AJ v Ruiz 2 to £25.

I do hope the show you Americans got was better than what we had considering you paid more than double. We had to sit there and watch Wilder v Fury 1 from start to finish, along with promos and interview clips for 90 minutes before the first fight even aired.
        Wow! That's even cheaper than I thought. £19.95 damn what a bargain? That's about $23 U.S Dollars. They are ripping us off here in the states; By charging us $85 bucks per event. No wonder why so many boxing fans opt to stream fights online.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
          Make sure it's 18+, it's disturbing for kids to watch someone get beaten and humiliated that badly
          it was a straight up hate crime. if trump wasnt in office it would be banned from television and scrubbed from the history books. my stomach cant handle watching it again, im not a sadist

Comment

Originally posted by pittapatta66 View Post
            it was a straight up hate crime. if trump wasnt in office it would be banned from television and scrubbed from the history books. my stomach cant handle watching it again, im not a sadist
            No that was far from a hate crime. Tyson Fury can fight. Wilder made it very easy by underestimating him.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              No, Wilder wasn't under any legal obligation to rematch Tyson Fury because it was a one way rematch clause in the event that Wilder lost but he didn't. He kept the title.

So he could have easily moved on and fought Anthony Joshua instead. After all, that was the fight that the public wanted to see anyhow.

Also, for once I agree with you. They gave Tyson Fury too much time; 14 months to be exact to get both his timing and conditioning back in tact after being off for nearly two and half years.

They needed to get him back into the ring as soon as possible after their first match but like fools they decided to wait and fight Fury until he was both comfortable and ready which was a huge mistake.
              They didn't decide to wait, they had no choice about it because the draw voided the rematch clause.

Haymon's dumb obsession with preserving his star fighter's "0" at all costs came back to bite him. If they'd given Fury the win he deserved they could have activated the clause and forced an immediate rematch.

Comment

This fight has triggered the hood community to unprecedented levels. Another replay might set off another Ferguson riot.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                  Are you watching it or not ?
                  I forgot to watch it...lol!

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
                    BUMSQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have it on my DVR. Love watching this fake get exposed. BUMSQUAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I had it saved on DVR.

Comment

Working...
                    X