Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury-Wilder Produced Just Over 750,000 PPV Buys; Could Reach 800,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It probably would have sold a lot more than that had it not been for all the illegal online streaming. I bet there were more than 2 million people who viewed this fight illegally through some online stream.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post

but my issue is, why not try to put on an overall better event with more interesting/meaningful fights?

because all the research shows that outside of 15 or 20 people complaining on a boxing forum, undercards dont move the buy rate enough to justify the expense. Casuals buy for the main event, and ONLY the main event. Period.
      Last edited by OnePunch; 02-27-2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

with only 800k buys, does Wilder still get the $163 million on the back end from Al??

all jokes aside though this isnt a bad number. Sure, its bad for the networks because of the stupid guarantees they made, but thats THEIR problem. It did more than double the first fight, and besides floyd, pac, canelo, and maybe a few other shows here and there, it is VERY rare to crack 500k buys, much less crack 750k.

Good numbers........

Comment

That's a pretty respectable turnout considering these guys were not established PPV stars going into this fight.

And at $80, nonetheless. That's 60 mil in PPVs, and the live gate is believed to be over 17 million. Quite a windfall.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            because all the research shows that outside of 15 or 20 people complaining on a boxing forum, undercards dont move the buy rate enough to justify the expense. Casuals buy for the main event, and ONLY the main event. Period.
            ^and that's if they're even buying at all. Who's not to say a casual looks at the $79.99 and goes, "***** that."

and what supposed research? I didn't start watching boxing last year, is it so unreasonable to ask for a slightly better product, especially given how much you're paying?

Mayweather-Canelo had Garcia vs Matthysse as the co-main event. Obviously any PPV with Mayweather, he's the main attraction, but that was a pretty damn good co-feature

All I'm saying, $79.99 for a PPV isn't exactly cheap. Why don't they get more creative with how they sell the card? **What happened to the whole Top Rank vs PBC fighters?

on that note - why not poke fun at the "why isn't it $29.99?" crowd. As we both know that won't happen in a million years

the cost of PPVs has gradually gone up, they're not going to drop it back down to $29

Comment

Good numbers but no great

Comment

Based on the pre-fight promoter hype, I thought it would do quite a bit better than that. Of course, I watched it on a feed.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  It probably would have sold a lot more than that had it not been for all the illegal online streaming. I bet there were more than 2 million people who viewed this fight illegally through some online stream.
                  Guilty as charged.

Comment

Bob Arum: Wilder vs. Fury 2 will do 2M PPV buys.
                    Reality: No, you greedy Serpent - it never had a chance.

These numbers show that Wilder was silly asking for 50/50 against AJ.

Comment

These are very good numbers considering nowadays people pirate PPV something you couldn’t do years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X